- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Project Manager - 90228277
Posting Range:25 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Project Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for Project Manager to be based in Northampton. Provides technology and systems to support the Global Contact Centre business operations, responsible for the development and run capabilities to support business operational colleagues and customers.
What will you be doing?
• Responsible for the successful delivery of projects to plan, budget and agreed quality and governance standards. The role typically requires managing three plus complex projects simultaneously
• Manages project teams engaged throughout the full delivery lifecycle. Delivery of projects supporting the business strategy from business case through to initiation, requirement analysis, design, build, testing, implementation and closure
• Manages the project end to end including the IT elements of delivery (where applicable)
• Budget typically £1.5m.
• Identifies, assesses and manages project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, escalating as appropriate via the agreed governance framework.
• Ensures that there is a business perspective on how the project deliverables will be delivered to the business, including planning around key business cycles, selecting appropriate customers for migration, etc.
• Initiates and manages the business implementation plan, including all the activities that the business needs to do to prepare for new technical components and technologies or process/organisation changes.
• Tracks and reports against these activities to ensure progress.
What we’re looking for:
• Proven manager having managed doezen of direct reports to complete IT change projects previously
• Extensive experience in managing projects with medium to high complexity, business critical and large cross-functional team spanning multiple regions and functions
• A proven track record of the full project life cycle delivery
• Strong industry knowledge
• Strong knowledge of specialist areas that projects operate in.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Project Management - Practitioner level accreditation (eg Prince 2, PMI, APM) and Agile.
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.