- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Project Manager - 90228147
Posting Range:26 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Project Manager
The digital revolution is bringing many opportunities, but at the same time the growing reliance on technology, digital channels and data has resulted in the availability and underlying resilience of these being critical to both Barclays, our colleagues and most importantly our Customers. As a Project Manager, you’ll be central to defining an effective DEFEND framework for information technology across BUK. A traditional focus on technology resilience is no longer sufficient and equal focus is needed on preparing for, protecting against, detecting and improving resilience following security incidents.
What will you be doing?
• Responsible for the successful delivery of projects to plan, budget and agreed quality and governance standards. The role typically requires managing a number of workstreams / projects simultaneously
• Investigation and packaging of work packages based on learning from Incidents read across & Resilience Gap identification
• Works with management to help define and implement aspects of the strategy and vision
• Ensures that there is a business perspective on how the project deliverables will be delivered to the business
• Ensures that stakeholder mapping & stakeholder plan is comprehensive and considers internal and external stakeholder
• Manages the project end to end including the IT elements of delivery
What we’re looking for:
• Strong experience in managing projects with medium to high complexity, business critical and large cross-functional team spanning multiple regions and functions
• A proven track record of the full project life cycle delivery
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Project Management - Practitioner level accreditation (eg Prince 2, PMI, APM) and Agile or equivalent working experience
Where will you be working?
• Radbroke Hall is a hidden gem in the heart of the Cheshire countryside and home to our 3,200-strong team
• As we’re based in the country side, we have accommodated many facilities including our subsidized canteen, onsite Starbucks café, Tennis and Squash Courts, Gym and shop
• We have a really open, friendly culture here at Radbroke and sense of community.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.