- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Project Manager - 90228719
Posting Range:27 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
A new opportunity has become available for Project Manager within our Instrument & Price Master Data Management (IPMDM) Technology team. This cutting edge and pro-active team is responsible for the maintenance of a number of strategic repositories both in-house and vendor that source, maintain, validate and distribute instrument, price and other business line specific data to systems across the organization. As a key member of this dedicated team, you will manage new demand activities, lead on activities for Reference Data projects and produce key reporting for governance forums.
What will you be doing?
• Be a key contact point for new project demand and work with both internal and external stakeholders on the prioritisation of work for the portfolio
• Produce and collate material from other members of the team for team and department governance meetings
• Defining project resource requirements and updating relevant resource trackers accordingly
• Management and resolution of challenges, issues and risks
• Creating and maintaining draft and full project plans for all aspects of the delivery of assigned projects
• Producing high level and detailed project estimates with on-going tracking of cost and forecasting through the lifecycle of the project
• Liaising with the development team to gather estimates for development in order to include into the project plan
What we’re looking for:
• Extensive experience managing medium-large scale complex technical project-programmes using both waterfall and agile methodologies
• Experience in financial services, directly or in consulting roles
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Relevant Project Management qualifications
Where will you be working?
Barclays Scotland is a real Scottish success story. We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. Glasgow is a recognised strategic hub within Barclays globally, and admired as a shining light in Scottish business. Due to the scale of work we do here, there are countless opportunities for our colleagues to develop and progress
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.