- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Project Manager - 90226841
Posting Range:1 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
A new opportunity has become available within our Wealth Technology team for a Project Manager. This dedicated team is responsible for the end-to-end business and technology project delivery to the Wealth & Investments and Private Bank & Overseas Services businesses across Barclays UK and Barclays International. As a Project Manager within this team, your role is critical and will require to adhere to the global governance while driving the changes across multiple workstreams.
What will you be doing?
• Project management of initiatives– including planning, financial management, resource management, risk/issue management and senior stakeholder engagement.
• Ensure that at all times, business requirements and proposition are aligned to technology delivery and that where decisions are made that relevant stakeholders are in full agreement.
• Build a collaborative environment with different teams
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
What we’re looking for:
• Strong experience in a Project Management role with strong evidence of both business and technology change delivery.
• Experience of leading an agile project team
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong evidence of following a controlled programme management methodology, both Waterfall and Agile
• Experience of delivering change in a Digital environment, ensuring that all aspects of client engagement and servicing across all channels are fully considered.
• Experience of working in matrix environment is critical – demonstrating ability to manage complex delivery across multiple functional areas will be key to success of this role.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Professional project qualification or equivalent Project/Programme Management training or qualification
• Experience in Financial Services project delivery
• Experience of Digital Technology design and delivery
• Experience of Agile tools (e.g. Jira, Rally, Trello) and Confluence tools
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in our Aurora house Glasgow office; a stones throw away from Glasgow Central Train Station and the heart of Glasgow.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.