- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Project ManagerEnd Date
Monday 22 July 2019
£63,135 - £70,150
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours
Job Description Summary
Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Able to continually develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
The optimal use of Engineering Transformation is a significant business differentiator so we're investing to further transform our people, platforms and capabilities.
A fantastic opportunity to join the Engineering Transformation Programme as it progresses through its 3 year journey. The Programme is at the forefront of Lloyds Banking Groups digital transformation an incentive for change in the Engineering organization.
Key outcomes in 2019 will be a foundation of tools, process and capability that is industry leading with an engineering workforce that's inspired to transform their systems and areas of work to drive significant improvements in quality of product, speed to market and productivity. Ultimately driving increased value for our customers in a more agile and collaborative culture.
Your role will be to take to lead and co-ordinate the benefits tracking for the programme. Currently a complex end user computing solution that spans multiple teams across the Group Transformation organisation. A deep routed knowledge of excel is a requirement as is the ability to think outside of the box. Partner management is key as you'll be required to review and validate that benefit submissions are robust. Being able to continuously improve the process as well as demonstrating sound knowledge of metrics, measurement and benefits is deeply desirable.
Sound like your kind of place?
We're looking for a Programme Manager to join our growing Engineering Transformation team, developing insight-led solutions that help business decision-making with accuracy and pace.
You could help make it possible what are your skills ...
- Experienced in applying the key principles of change management to Gold and Silver programmes across the Group, and external business environment Is seen across the organisation as a change subject matter authority
- Can deliver both Business Change and IT Change projects/programmes
- Recent experience of driving organisational change (including strategic core programmes), to maximise business outcomes and provides appropriate support mechanisms
- Track record of delivering results - gives colleagues autonomy to execute business strategy, whilst remaining personally accountable for delivering on promises
- Strong eye for business - builds competitive advantage and generates positive value through strategic business planning and execution. Has an in-depth understanding of the Global economy and macro economic trends and the impact on the LBG business model, and incorporates this into short and long term strategy
- A strong Risk & Compliance mindset - actively assesses and analyses relevant threats and missed opportunities, and develops effective risk mitigation plans in response to threats
- Awareness of the Regulatory environment - is able to identify and anticipate future regulatory requirements and their implications
What would you get involved with?
Programme/Project Set Up and Closure:
- Feeds into business study/programme proposals and business cases, ensuring alignment with business strategy; agreement of project benefits; and how these will be measured and tracked post implementation.
- Works with the business area to ensure an effective approach to business implementation, handover, and acceptance of the change.
Governance and Reporting:
- Works closely with the Programme Leads to provide regular status reporting appropriately to different partners and to agreed CMT standards and recommend options for contingency plans
- Defines and implements a detailed delivery approach for each stage of the project lifecycle, obtains acceptance and buy?in to the approach from all team members, and produces and owns all project management deliverables, using established project methodologies, to the right level of quality.
Planning and Finance:
- Produces and leads the project plan. Controls, leads and monitors project timescales and budgets, reporting variances, raising as appropriate to overcome delays, difficulties or cost over-runs, and re-forecasting where necessary.
- Tracks resource requirements (including roles and responsibilities), budget and FTE profile for areas of responsibility.
- Identifies key project partners and develops an appropriate partner communication plan.
- Engages with a diverse group of partners to influence direction of projects to meet the project landmarks. Typically up to and including Grade G level.
People and Self Development:
- Where appropriate, manages, motivates, develops and coaches assigned team members to create a high performing team.
- Continuously monitors projects for risk issues and regulatory compliance and takes appropriate steps to mitigate.
- Open to adopting new ways of working and finding a way to incorporate agile practices into delivery of a predominantly Waterfall project to enable cooperation with Agile Labs
- Inspires colleagues to deliver their best performance and behave in accordance with the LBG Values & Behaviours
- An intrinsic curiosity - continuous desire to learn, gain skills, and improve approach to project delivery
- Ability to read the audience and adapt communication style accordingly - can communicate between the technical and non-technical
- Able to influence partners of all levels. Able to lead partners' expectations and facilitate discussions across high risk and complexity or under constrained timescales
- Resilient under pressure - they are able to remain calm under pressure and own the team effectively through constrained timescales and difficult programmes
What will you get in return?
On top of our team ethos we're genuine about both equal opportunity and our colleagues representing the communities we serve - developing and advancing the best in our people.
You'll also get:
- A performance bonus of c15%, a car/allowance of £4k and a flexible cash pot to spend on benefits
- A generous pension contribution and private health cover
- 30 days leave and various Share schemes
So if you have the data science skills we're seeking and having a key role in a major data transformation appeals then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- ms project
- project manager