- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Due to significant growth created by an ever-increasing client demand, we are looking to further bolster the team by recruiting a talented Project Manager.
Who you’ll be working with
You will be part of the Insights and Data Delivery Management practice which specialize in data and information projects and programmes. Projects delivered will include any or all of the following: data warehouse, master data management, data science, data migration, structured & self-service reporting.
The focus of your role
You will manage projects for clients that are contracted on a fixed price and time & materials basis. Clients will be in any sector and projects managed can be of different degrees of complexity or size. Typically, technologies will be around bespoke and packaged based products and will cover a broad spectrum of the major technologies. Project management methodologies used will be structured or agile and experience of managing projects using either type of methodology is expected. At Capgemini part of the Project Manager role includes commercial management so you will be expected to manage project financials both internally and externally with the client.
As the Project Manager, you will:
- Take ownership for delivering project for clients including all aspects of project management and be accountable for the budget and outcomes
- Deliver and assist projects with guidance from and reporting to Senior Project Manager and Programme Managers Take handover from Sales during the sales to delivery handover prior to commencing any project
- Ensure that appropriate consent and authorisations are obtained prior to the commencement and completion of projects and workstream activities
- Define a project plan acceptable to the client and within the constraints of the contract
- Build a resource profile in agreement with the project plan with an appropriate pyramid and on-shore/off-shore ratio
- Manage projects day-to-day ensuring that risks, issues and dependencies are recorded, escalated and reported as appropriate
- Manage daily project activities ensuring that on-shore and off-shore resources are aligned and work together towards the common goal
- Complete project status reports and present project status (including financials) at the monthly internal project reviews
- Raise change requests to the contract
- Ensure that invoices are raised and cash collected in a timely manner
- Provide accurate project forecasts
- Build key client relationships and improve project profitability by selling additional work and/or resources into the client
What you'll bring:
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude towards work along with 5-7 years of experience in project delivery using Project Management methodologies
- Substantial experience of day-to-day management of project teams at multiple locations both on-shore and off-shore
- Ability to manage technical resources and to understand technical concepts to guide your team to resolve technical project issues
- Experience in delivering projects based on both structured and agile methodologies
- Commercial experience that includes managing projects based on both fixed price and time & materials contracts
- Strong interpersonal skills to build sustainable relationships with customers at middle-top and top management level
- Capability of developing and delivering formal presentations to senior clients in both delivery and sales situations
- Creativity in both sales and delivery to feel comfortable within a consulting led sales model and being able to architect innovative solutions which delivers value to clients whilst handling internal risk
- An eye for detail and ability to multi-task across multiple areas
- Excellent staff management and leadership
- Evidence of the successful staff development on engagements
- Capability of acting as a mentor or reviewer; ensuring staff have achievable career and development plans
- Ability to motivate and support sizable engagement teams of Capgemini and client staff
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise your needs with a flexible benefit package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile and more successful. Smart, tailored, technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
- ms project
- project manager
About the company
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.