- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We're looking to hire a Project Manager to join our Facilities & Asset Management Project Implementation team. The job reports to the Regional F&AM Manager and is a key role supporting Boeing’s Project Management team ensuring timely project delivery, best practice, budget and governance targets
The suitable candidate will have overseen and managed office fit-out and ideally, ground up construction projects. The suitable candidate shall be responsible for the full project lifecycle, supporting the end-user team throughout. The role will be required to work closely with a variety of team member’s at all levels of the organisation, coordinating and reporting progress as well as having excellent interpersonal and strong leadership skills. To be successful in this role you will need to have an in-depth understanding of the construction industry, project management methodology and commercial acumen...This needs to be combined with experience working in a complex, international matrix environment
Representative Major Tasks:
- Manage projects from inception to close.
- Manage the projects to Boeing Processes and Policies, leveraging existing tools and process documentation.
- Manage the projects safely and effectively.
- Lead and guide projects using structured methodology that are aligned with Boeing Processes and Policies.
- Provide support and guidance to Boeings Project Management team
- Provide progress reports to all levels of the organization.
- Commercial awareness of budgets and estimating to suit both large and small projects.
- Experience of contracting methodology, contract forms (NEC3, JCT, FIDIC) and working closely with Procurement teams.
- Management and Execution of Project Execution Plans.
- Development and execution of end-user requirements.
- Regular and consistent project meetings
- Risk, Issue and Opportunity Management
- Establishment of project communication plans and to ensure that internal and external reporting is clear and supports actual activity.
- Drafting of Requests for Pricing (RFP) and working with Procurement to release contracts, support negotiations and manage change orders.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Ensure that Boeing is working to all current and local statutory requirements.
- Establishment of project cash flows and monitoring and tracking of project costs.
- A recognized Project Management certificate qualification (e.g. PMI/PRINCE2/ APM) is preferred but not essential.
- Proficient in the suite of PC-based MS Office products including MS Project.
- Demonstrated competence of managing complex projects – management of airside projects and working with Ministry of Defense would be beneficial, however not critical.
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Excellent knowledge of local and current Statutory obligations
- Ability to work with and report to team members at all levels of the organization.
- Competent in conflict and crisis management.
- Ability to travel within region (U.K./ Europe/ Russia/ Israel)
- Work Environment: Fast -paced, construction and fit-out working environment. Approximately 25%-50% travel depending on projects.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll
- ms project
- project manager
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.