- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We have come to be one of the largest independent building materials group in the UK and we feel we owe our success to providing our customers with exceptional customer service and a commitment to excellence in everything we do.
We are looking to hire a Contracts Manager/ Project Manager/ Senior Site Manager with prior Highways experience to join our team on an initial 6 month contract. You will be responsible for assisting with the management of site operations (including the fulfilment of the role of Principal Contractor under CDM on Provider Works and undertaking the role of Supervisor on Managed Works).
Further responsibilities include:
* Managing and administering the construction works in accordance with the contract.
* Assisting with the implementation of the duties of the Principal Contractor under CDM and/or undertaking the role of the Supervisor.
* Assisting with the implementation of the SHE Basics, Training and Competence, Risk Assessment for every task, Induction for every worker, Safe System of Work and Point of Work Risk Assessment are embedded for all works.
* Assisting with the implementation of the Construction Phase Plan including ensuring compliance with the requirements (eg. site inductions and site rules).
* Ensuring that a robust construction programme is prepared, monitored and maintained.
* Assisting with the management and control of all site operations including monitoring the progress of site operations and taking appropriate action (including the issue of instructions) to avoid over-run.
* Ensuring temporary works are installed in accordance with the approved design details.
* Ensuring appropriate inspection, sampling and testing is carried out to verify compliance.
* Carrying out quality checks and witnessing and reporting of any non-conformances.
* Carrying out regular Safety, Health and Environmental inspections, attending Safety, Health and Environmental meetings, and reporting all accidents, incidents and near-misses.
* Monitoring the performance and operation of contractors. Ensure they are properly instructed in the safe execution of their work and programme requirements. Report on their progress.
* Assisting with the management and co-ordination of network occupancy activities including development of traffic management proposals, roadspace booking, stakeholder liaison and updating the Highways England Network Occupancy Management System (NOMS) - formerly Scheduled Roadworks (SRW).
Individual / Person Requirements
* SMSTS (5 Day CITB Site Manager's Safety Training Scheme).
* Prior experience of working on CDM Sites is essential
* Extensive experience in the successful delivery of major highway projects involving night time working and restricted site availability.
* Experienced in the successful delivery of construction projects to tight time and budget constraints.
* ·Experience of managing the concurrent delivery of a number of schemes (individual scheme value up to £5m).
* Structures, roads and technology scheme experience.
* Highways England experience is a must
* Qualified to HND in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
* CSCS (Supervisor) Card.
* Experience of working for a contractor at Agent level or above.
* High speed road (motorway and all-purpose trunk road) experience.
* First Aid Certificate.
* Temporary Works Co-ordinator Certificate.
* Appointed Person (Lifting Operations) Card.
* Fire Safety Co-ordinator/Marshal Certificate.
* Detailed knowledge of the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCHW).
* Understanding of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB).
We are an equal opportunities Business. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website
About the company