- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Property Lettings Operational and Administrative Assistant
Upto £20,000 Pro Rata plus pension, 20 days holiday entitlement and overtime.
We are looking for an Operational and Administrative Assistant to work in a busy property lettings and management office based in Loscoe, near Heanor in Derbyshire. You will need to be able to work well within a team and be able to work with a high degree of accuracy, within given time constraints. The successful candidate is likely to also want to learn more about the property industry.
The role ofProperty Lettings Operational and Administrative Assistant:
- Part time office based operational and administrative executive, dealing in all aspects of lettings and property management.
- Reporting to an allocated Manager
- 16-24 hours a week, some evenings or weekends may be required. Whilst office-based there will be a requirement to support the business in the field.
- There will be some opportunities for occasional travel within the UK and the chance to attend relevant additional training courses.
16-24 hours per week eg:
- 10:00 – 16:00 Tuesday
- 11:00 – 17:00 Wednesday
- 10:00 – 16:00 Thursday
- 10:00 - 16:00 Friday
Some Flexibility is required for some other hours including Weekend/evening work. There may also be the possibility of some overtime.
To assist in all aspects of the business as required, with the main responsibilities to include, but not being limited to;
- Office and Equipment Management
- Supplies management
- Management of post in/out including scanning of all documents
- File management, Document Archive management, Production of Documents
- Raising of letters. Faxes, emails etc
- Case management and chasing
- Campaign management
- Social Media management
- Telephone Answering - dealing with / directing calls / taking messages as required.
- Act as point of contact for Tenants/Landlords/Contractors
- Support Lettings Activities as required – including occasional Viewings, Inspections, check ins/outs etc
- Dealing with viewing requests and booking into diary, conducting where necessary
- Property Administration, - managing utility companies, tenancy agreements, renewals, rent collection and arrears, periodic property inspections etc
- Supporting Finance with reconciliation of payments
- Managing Ad-Hoc Maintenance Jobs using company property management systems
- Managing Contractors, including maintaining Insurance Schedules etc
- Managing Scheduled Maintenance eg Gas Safety Certificates, Electrical Testing
- Managing Reactive Maintenance and following up on Emergency Out-Of-Hours Repairs
- Support in the field including Viewings, Inspections, Check Ins/Outs & Tenancy Related Visits
- Writing letters and emails to tenants/landlords
- Complaint handling
- Preparing Landlord/Portfolio Reports
- Property Key Management
- Utilising the Company’s processes and systems
- Devising and recommending systems and processes appropriate to meet the organisation’s needs
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience of lettings orproperty management, associated systems and a knowledge of the local lettings market is desirable but is not absolutely essential;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet time deadlines;
- Persuasive with exceptional communication skills;
- Results driven;
- Attention to detail essential
- Computer Literacy required
- Experience of using property management software/systems preferred
- Professionally presented and friendly;
- Driving licence and own car are essential as is access to the internet.
- Ability to travel UK wide as required
- Previous experience lettings/property management preferred
Note – a current DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check will be required prior to commencement of this appointment.
- social media