- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Public Cloud Engineer / Developer - 90221496
Posting Range:27 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Public Cloud Engineer/Developer
Radbroke Hall, Knutsford, Cheshire
The Public Cloud Engineer/Developer will engineer and develop compliant cloud solutions that can be consumed by Barclays application teams to host services on public cloud infrastructure. Deliverables include the development of integration code to integrate internal developed and vendor products and services, including automated testing and delivery of these components. Initially the role will be focused on the development and engineering of Amazon AWS products.
What will you be doing?
• Help with engineering public cloud solutions (such as AWS) for use by Barclays application teams
• Development of scripts and code that define infrastructure as code (e.g. AWS Cloudformation, Chef, etc.)
• Writing tests
• Engineering operating system configuration
• Input into product and software choices
• Engineering and configuring of CI/CD pipelines
• Reading and writing documentation and specifications
• Active participation in Agile software development (standups, Jira, Git, code reviews, etc.)
What we’re looking for:
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
• Proficient in at least one programming language, for example Python or Java
• Good familiarity with Linux
• Good understanding of Cloud architectures
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Infrastructure as code tools, such as, Cloudformation or Terraform
• Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
• Experience with configuration management tools, such as Chef
• Experience using version control with GIT and developing as part of a team utilising pull request methodology
Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre and one of the largest centres for information security in the UK. It’s the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. Radbroke is a place where big ideas become world-leading realities. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefine the future of finance.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.