- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Filmed Entertainment Group
Universal Pictures International UK & Eire are recruiting for a Publicity Coordinator, reporting to the Senior Publicity Manager, to provide excellent and proactive administrative support for the Publicity departments, ensuring that the department is running seamlessly.
- Act as a point of contact for the publicity department.
- To assist the publicity department on all film releases.
- Assist the Publicity Director with their diary and expenses.
- Liaise with journalists to ensure that are informed and supplied with all relevant publicity material and talent access necessary to a successful release.
- Follow up and assemble all information required for press junkets, tours etc.
- Help coordinate press junkets, booking crews, hotels, make up artists, hairdressers etc.
- Coordinate and pitch digital assets including trailers, clips and first look images etc.
- Coordinate and pitch regional, kids, genre and specialised press activity.
- Work alongside the Senior Publicity Managers and Publicity Manager to ensure external agencies are meeting campaign objectives.
- Prepare and generate agendas for meetings.
Attend meetings taking notes and distributing action points to attendants.
- Collate and disseminate information, e.g. press articles, media releases at the request of the Publicity Director and Senior Publicity Managers.
- Flag any important issues that need immediate attention.
Organise all travel arrangements.
- Keep a log of all expenses.
- Submit expenses to accounts to be authorised monthly.
- Keep a record of all publicity department spending.
- Raise and approve purchase orders.
- Keep track of title spending and be able to flag overspend.
- Ensure all invoices are correct and accounted for before authorising.
- Participate in regular team updates.
- Communicate and work with production companies and film makers during the campaign.
- Schedule regular updates with the Senior Publicity Manager.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated previous experience gained within the film marketing/ publicity/ digital business.
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent social and diplomatic skills, coupled with the ability to deal with people at all levels both externally and internally.
- Demonstrated ability of working under pressure with tight deadlines within a fast paced environment.
For almost a century, Universal has been known for its diverse slate of films, including classics such as Jaws, the Jurassic Park series, Mamma Mia, Fast and Furious and Bourne. UPI owns and operates direct theatrical marketing and distribution of feature films in many locations around the globe including Austria, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and UK & Eire. In other territories UPI market and distribute movies through its JV offices, as well as in select territories, licensees who are contracted to distribute on UPI's behalf.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.