- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The successful individual will be tasked with building incredibly fast real-time applications for trading and visualisation as well as those for monitoring firm wide trading systems. An extensive background working on a Linux platform and a broad knowledge base of web development and user-friendly interfaces is required. Trading industry experience would be beneficial but this is a technology driven asset management firm and ultimately the technology skills are first and foremost.
Key skills for Python Web Developer:
- 3+ years experience developing web services using Python and related frameworks like Flask, Django or Bottle
- Extensive knowledge of Linux
- Extensive understanding of web application architecture; how to send data between the browser and server etc.
- Written and verbal communication in a fast-paced working environment
- Track record of building user-friendly interfaces and applications.
Key responsibilities for Python Web Developer:
- Employ a passionate work ethic towards the build and innovation of Python based web services
- Evaluate new technologies within your immediate team that you can make use of in developing open-source web frameworks
- Collaborate with connected groups of traders and risk managers to establish requirements and find ways to make improvements
- Share a natural curiosity for algorithmic trading with colleagues
- Continue to champion web development and it's cross-platform functionality across trading desks
- Maintain high quality standards and continue to remedy technical issues within the team