- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Qlik Developer - 90224923
Posting Range:7 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Are you looking for your next challenge as a Qlikview Developer? Do you enjoy scripting in SQL?
Barclays are looking for an experienced Qlikview Developer within our Risk, Finance and Treasury Department. You will be developing QlikView guided analytics and Qlik Sense self-serve dashboards for Treasury Liquidity, including modelling of source data, designing/developing and testing scripts.
If this sounds of interest, please read on.
What will you be doing?
• You will be actively participate in, or organise as needed, meetings to gather requirements, plan solutions with working groups of users and IT
• Develop QlikView guided analytics and Qlik Sense self-serve dashboards for Treasury Liquidity
• Follow Agile and DevOps principles
• Stakeholder management and communication
• Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of seniority
• Must be able to hold discussions at technical and business levels
• Decision making and problem solving
• Role requires ability to understand complex subject matter and suggest solutions
What we’re looking for:
• Ability to write complicated yet efficient SQL queries
• Experience in sourcing data from disparate systems with a good understanding of their Data Models and ETL procedures
• Full understanding of the processes of data quality, data cleansing and data transformation
• Hands-on professional with knowledge of scripting, data source integration and GUI development
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in developing Qlik Sense apps
• Experience in developing / architecting BI Solutions in the banking sector
• Knowledge of Treasury and in particular Liquidity would be preferred
• Experience in Telecoms or Insurance sector
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day. This couldn’t be possible without the collaboration between all our teams – from tech, marketing, functions, and operations – and the global partnerships our Northampton colleagues have. Our environmentally friendly office is within 5 minutes of the local town, easily accessible from the M1, and we run frequent shuttlebuses to and from Northampton train station.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.