- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
gap professional is operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client who are recruiting for an QSHE Manager in Exeter on a permanent basis.
Hours: Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week
To manage and maintain proper implementation of systems within the realm of Quality, Occupational Health Safety, Hygiene, Environmental Protection and Business Improvement activities at the Plant, including proposing feasible corrective measures for continuous improvement in accordance with Group Policies. Maintaining the plant functions to enable continued accreditation of governing bodies whilst remaining legally compliant.
Main Responsibilities include:
Management of the HS Framework for the site, always working safely and promoting the company's behavioral safety campaign ensuring work colleagues do not commit an unsafe act. Responsible for planning and managing HS training for the Plant.
· Responsible for completing and actioning any outstanding QSHE points relevant to their department for the site health and safety EHS site plan
· Responsible for applying legal norms and Group policy in matters relating to Quality, Security and Environment
· Carry out health and safety inspections including risk assessments and audits
· Draw up a QSHE annual plan, defining actions relating to QSHE to encompass quality and safety in line with company objectives
· Design, implement and record training and development plant / activities for all site employees including the design and maintenance of a training matrix
· Complete all QSHE paperwork accurately, for inspection and availability to any external auditing body, lead and participate in any improvement/change projects. Prepare the annual performance assessment and define the action plans to be followed
· Prepare and manage QSHE monitoring indicators, scorecards and reporting tasks
· Define and co-ordinate safety requirements for emergency plans, fire drills, access control, co-ordination of subcontracted firms, private surveillance and signage
· Actively participate in Safety at Work Committees and Group committees. Plan, co-ordinate and support the carrying out of internal and external audits
· Manage customer complaints; provide a response and an action plan to resolve them
· Ensure and co-ordinate tasks aimed at fulfilling ISO standards, procedures and instructions. Ensure effective contractor management is achieved
· Management of own Business wide documentation, reports and statistics
· To help identify cost reducing opportunities across the business then manage and implement sustainable improvements to help meet branch targets.
To help identify manufacturing related improvements then manage and implement sustainable improvements to help meet branch targets.
Educated to degree level or with equivalent experience, computer literate when using Microsoft packages
· Experience of managing ISO18001 or ISO9001 accreditations
· Strong coaching, training and communication skills is essential
· Proven track record of managing internal and external relationships
· Attention to detail with proven analytical skills
Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own work load
Closing date is 11th January 2020
Gap Professional is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Role: QSHE Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Exeter, Devon,
Apply for this job now.
- safety and security