- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ECC Adult Social Care, through effective practice, is moving towards a transformational shift from a focus on long-term care support, to a model with four key principles: - prevention; early intervention; enablement and safeguarding. This will enable people, their families and carers to be able to access information and tools to live healthily and independently. Providing an opportunity to respond pro-actively to growing service demand in a sustainable way, within the financial constraints of the Council.
Working in support of the Quality Assurance team to embed quality practice across the function. Delivering programme support for the Practice Leads and Team Manager eg tools, guidance and maintenance of the practice library, and business continuity & risk planning.
Knowledge of quality assurance activities, developing tracking systems and carrying out audits are the key parts of this role.
* Support the development of the quality assurance function, to embed quality practice aligned to the ASC QA Framework.
* Deliver audit service plans, collating key data and information which support and inform management reporting. Responsible for maintenance of all audit reports, maintaining an overview of analysis findings, key themes and completion.
* Supports the review of audited cases, implementing a tracking system which identifies outstanding actions and monitors progress of improvement plans. Highlight any issues identified.
* Supports the dissemination of audit findings by developing and delivering best practice workshops.
* Co-ordinates the multi-agency case audit process and review meetings.
* Accountable for working within the statutory legal framework, policy and guidance in line with legislative and organisational standards within the Care Act 2015 (e.g. MCA / DoLs / CHC etc).
* Works collaboratively with partners to develop the quality assurance framework, including undertaking research.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, skills and experience
* Experience within a social care setting, an NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or equivalent is desirable.
* Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge of relevant professional area.
* Experience within a social care setting, with knowledge of quality assurance.
* Experience of using data and information to develop, implement and improve systems and processes.
* Proven track record of reviewing and analysing statistical data to identify themes and trends, translating this into management information which informs decision making.
* Developing good working relationships with partners and stakeholders which support the delivery of local objectives.
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.