- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £28,000.00 - £33,000.00 gross per year
Quality Engineer, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
The role would suit an experienced QA professional who would be responsible for improving internal and external quality performance of the processes to maximize customer satisfaction and ensure processes fully conform to required quality standards.
An overview of the role is as follows:
- In conjunction with internal departments, carry out investigations into product non-conformance using appropriate problem-solving tools, monitoring effectiveness of corrective actions implemented and maintenance of appropriate records.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to improve current practices and support continuous improvement
- Ensure that all documentation conforms to industry / customer quality standards & supports customer product needs.
- Act upon internal and external NRFT issues with timely containment and robust sustainable corrective actions through root RCCA investigations with use of problem solving tools.
- Carry out internal QMS audits, ensure that any NCRs raised are satisfactorily responded to and verify the effectiveness of resulting corrective actions.
- Support customer, AS9100 and Nadcap audits.
- Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators including right first time, on time delivery and number of reworks.
- Participate in the development and updating of Process FMEA's
- Leading the completion of internal First Article Inspections
- Work towards quality department yearly objectives and meet personal objectives set by the Quality Manager
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven Quality experience operating in EN9100/EN9110 environment. Automotive experience would also be considered.
- Thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
- Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding, including use of lean tools such as 8D and PFMEA
- Attention to detail and methodical approach
- Self-starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
- Ability to understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications
Salary: up to £33,000 + Benefits inc Private Pension Scheme, Health Care Insurance, Profit Related Pay scheme, 24 days holiday per year (+Public Holidays)
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to: This role may be of interest to the following: Quality Manager, Quality Controller, Quality Auditor, Quality Control, Quality Inspector, Quality Assurance, Quality Management, QC, Technical, Manufacturing, Production, Technician, Cambridge, Peterborough, Bedford, Bury St Edmunds
- quality control