- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £20,855.00 - £20,856.00 gross per year
REED Engineering & Manufacturing are working with a leading Engineering & Manufacturing Company with a global client base.
• Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies as per Inspection Plans and Specification Requirements.
• Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting unacceptable materials.
• Perform first article inspections to support the component qualification process.
• Approves in-process and finished product by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
• Report inspection findings and results, monitoring corrective actions to inspection findings.
• Understanding specifications and engineering drawings along with customer requirements.
• Ensure calibration and maintenance is carried on inspection equipment.
• Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
• Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
• Experience in a similar inspection role (ideally within engineering background)
• Knowledge on NDT techniques (Preferred) although NOT Essential
• Skilled in the use of various measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, gauges, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
• Current counter balance fork lift license (not essential but an advantage)
• Current overhead crane license. (Not essential)
• Ambitious and self-motivated
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Have a can-do attitude and a team player.
• Strong communication skills
• Keen eye and attention for detail.
• Pride in workmanship
• Excellent time and attendance record.
• Permanent contract.
• Shift pattern currently days: 6:30am – 4:15pm Monday – Thursday - FRIDAY'S OFF
• Shift working may be required at busy periods
• Contributory pension scheme
• Profit related bonus payable if company hits budgeted profit targets
• 27 days holiday, including bank holidays and factory shutdown periods.