- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £28,000.00 - £35,000.00 gross per year
Quality Inspector (Machined Components)
£28k-£35k (dep on exp)
We are looking to hire an experienced Quality Inspector to join one of the UK's leading independent manufacturing businesses who serve as a supplier to high end Automotive brands and businesses. The Quality Inspector must have excellent attention to detail with experience of quality inspection/control (preferably within the Automotive industry or similar machined component sector) with good knowledge and experience maintaining ISO 9001:2015.
The Quality Inspector will ideally have a background as a machinist, thus being comfortable working in a fast-paced shop floor/workshop environment with the ability to inspect and measure high precision components with the use of Callipers, Verniers, Micrometres etc. meeting ISO 9001.
- Inspecting, testing, sampling and sorting re-manufactured products in relation to engineering drawings and specifications
- Documenting all quality inspection reports
- Work with shop-floor staff to identify process improvements, reporting findings to the Quality Manager.
- Using Callipers, Micrometres, verniers etc to ensure all components meet precise specs and standards.
Quality Inspector requirements:
- Ideally educated to ONC level or similar in an Engineering orientated subject, although plenty of relevant experience will also be considered
- Extensive experience of working within Quality Inspection or similar within a manufacturing environment (Automotive industry preferred)
- Strong understanding of machinery and machining methodologies, thus prior experience being a machinist would be highly advantageous.
- Strong character who is able to deal with people in a variety of high-pressure situations/environments
Interested or know someone who might be?
If so, get in touch with Darren Holmes of Vector Recruitment Ltd on or
- iso 9001