- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Established in 1973, with multiple BALI Awards under our belts, Ground Control is a "can do" entrepreneurial business founded on the core principles of quality and delivering an outstanding service to our customers. We care for one another and we work together as a team to achieve our aims.
We have a brand new opportunity for a Quality Manager working across our projects’ business working on three prestigious projects HS2 (high speed rail network), Highways England and National Grid. This specialist technical writing focused role with be responsible for the preparation and compilation of pre-construction HSQE documentation.
You will finesse all of Ground Control’s documents and submittals to our clients ensuring a reduction of re-work and ensuring that Ground Control are the go-to contractor across these the key contracts. In addition you will create workable Health and Safety frameworks that ensure we are ahead of the competition and best in class within our industry.
Overall responsibilities would be to;
- Understand our client’s contractual obligations at tender stage and ensure the bid, estimating and operations team are all aware of our obligations during relevant process
- Assist throughout the process supported by relevant teams and ensure outputs are achieved through a robust internal audit process
- Drive performance outcomes following contractual reviews. These learnings will be consolidated and influence process improvement and change within our contracting business over time
- Support the bid management team in understanding requirements and influencing the bid. In addition you will be expected to provide bid writing support for more technical elements and understanding if bids are commercially viable
- Review our current systems and process
- Understand our current mobile app forms, develop them in order to be compliant with client requirements and to ensure our business is slick and reporting what’s required
- Complete process reviews in conjunction with potential external consultants
- Co-ordinate the company’s auditors to ensure our compliance is adhered to by the relevant teams including spot reviewing and training the trainer
- In addition you’ll be required to attend client HSQE briefings on a regular basis We would welcome applications from candidates with previous experience in operational quality with a strong health and safety focus.
You must be a strong self-starter, have an amazing attention to detail and be able to analyse large scale contracts making workable recommendations from these.
Our clients are based across Coventry, Northampton and Milton Keynes so we are interested to hear from candidates based in and around this area with the ability to travel between these locations regularly.
Additional Benefits Include:
- Semi- Annual Bonuses
- Share Options
- Company Pension
- Discounted BUPA healthcare
- Training and Development Through our absolute focus on customer service and outstanding delivery, we are the most respected company in our chosen field. We inspire each other to be the best that we can be. Ground Control is owned by its employees and as a result, we share the responsibilities of ownership as well as its rewards. Our values are the key to or ongoing success and we are looking for passionate candidates with like-minded values of:
- Delivering outstanding customer service
- Innovation and embracing change
- Valuing each other
- Acting with integrity and honouring our commitments
- Seeking value in everything we do
- A desire to win
- customer service