- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £30,000.00 - £34,000.00 gross per year
Our client, a world-leader in food ingredient technology are looking for a Quality Supervisor to join their successful, ever-expanding team.
Reporting into the Site Quality Manager you will be responsible for assisting with the management of food safety and quality systems, ensure customer satisfaction is maintained, there is a continuous improvement of products, processes and services and lead the quality team at our West Yorkshire site.
* Manage the quality team ensuring they are well motivated and receive all the necessary training and development to enable them to carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
* Manage the quality team rota, overtime and annual holidays to ensure the department can meet business demands at all times.
* Ensure that the quality department works in line with company, industry and customer standards to maintain food safety, quality and health and safety.
* Assist and oversee in the sourcing and purchasing of department and site resources, for example, laboratory supplies and equipment.
* Support the site to continually drive a positive culture and continuous improvements.
* Ensure that all finished products satisfy company and customer specifications prior to despatch.
* Assist in the management and investigation of non-conforming products and site controls arising from internal or customer complaints, including root cause analysis and the implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
* Carry out training of quality and factory personnel as required.
* Support the quality systems manager in the development, implementation and training of site policies and procedures.
* Support the quality systems and senior quality manager with customer and third party audits, including the implementation and closure of audit actions.
* Oversee and support with the daily functions of the quality department including (but not limited to) glass controls, calibration, pest control, GMP, environmental monitoring, internal and external laboratory analysis.
* Provide assistance and support to the production teams on issues relating to food safety and quality where required.
* Assist the quality systems manager in the further development of food safety management systems.
* Deputise for the quality systems manager or Senior Quality Manager on site, in their absence from the plant.
Successful candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally within Food Sciences and will have previous experience of working within the UK Food Manufacture Sector.
Candidates are required to hold a Level 3 HACCP and Food Safety, internal audit training, experience of 3rd party audits and knowledge of BRC version 8.
Candidates are required to have a strong working knowledge and previous experience of working within a Quality role, food safety, managing Quality Systems and Food Assurance Standards.
The ability to work collaboratively within a team and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills is essential to this role, as well as the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
Individuals must be able to prioritise their workload and work effectively when under pressure, as working to tight deadlines is part of this role.
As well as a creative thinker individuals should possess strong analytical skills, attention to detail as well as a sound and comprehensive knowledge of IT packages.
Candidates should hold a passion for delivering results, mentoring teams, possess the ability to adapt to business demands and tasks and demonstrate commitment to both business and personal development.
Hours of work: Working a basic 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday, however due to nature of this role you will need to demonstrate a certain amount of flexibility.
- £34,000 (DOE)
Benefits: Group Personal Pension Plan, Annual Bonus (discretionary), Entry into Company Health Scheme, 20 days holiday per year plus Statutory Holidays, Gift Voucher at Christmas, Summer BBQ, Free On-site parking.
Please apply today with your up-to-date CV (closing date Friday 20th December 2019)
- trades and professions