- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Who we are
We are a financially strong, European regulated business operating in five different geographies, with over 2,400 colleagues and over 9 million customer accounts, delivering strong financial returns.
- building better financial futures.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Quantitative Analyst to join us on a perm basis at our offices in Manchester.
The post holder will be joining a dynamic and entrepreneurial team and can expect daily interaction with board level executives.
Accordingly, the role offers the opportunity for rapid progression, and strong performance will be quickly recognised and well rewarded.
The Quantitative Analyst will work as part of the Chief Investment Officer's (CIO) team, supporting the CIO, Head of Investment and Senior Investment Analyst across several areas.
Duties of the role will include:
- Performing quantitative analysis of our investment portfolio, including historic and potential future credit portfolio acquisitions
- Analysing risk exposure and asset concentration within the portfolio via the application of statistical and mathematical techniques; including stress-testing and volatility analysis to assess risk tolerance and define diversification limits.
- Conducting market analysis to identify investment opportunities and support purchasing decisions
- Performing ad hoc analysis to support investment strategy and capital allocation decision-making for the investment function
- Building and developing forecasting models, to support investment decisions and working with the Decision Science team to ensure continuous development and enhancement of those valuation models
- Working on portfolio valuation, writing investment committee papers, performing due diligence and dealing with creditors and financial institutions
Experience required for the role:
- Self-motivated with ability to think on your feet
- Highly numerate and confident in communicating with stakeholders
- Proficiency with statistical software analysis packages is desirable.
- Possess strong coding ability and knowledge of relevant programming languages such as SQL & Python.
What we can offer you
Apply now for a chance to craft your own career path and join our talented teams.
You'll receive fantastic training and support, progression for good performance and a fantastic working environment in state of the art offices.
We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package and we pride ourselves on rewarding success with our excellent bonus scheme and incentive package.
We also have very interactive subsidised events, colleague engagement teams, employee recognition and development programs.
- Share Incentive Plan
- 25 Days holiday rising to 30 days (plus opportunity to buy/sell)
- Pension Scheme
- company matching up to 5%
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Private medical insurance / Health plans
- Income protection
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme / Gym Flex / Gadget scheme
Please note - we are an equal opportunities employer and FCA regulated company
- we will conduct credit, fraud, criminal record and 5-year reference checks as part of our pre-employment screening.
- economists and finance