- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Research is one of the financial industry's dominant thought leaders in equity and fixed-income investing. Our analysts, economists, and strategists have earned this reputation through timely, in-depth analysis of companies, industries, markets, and the world’s economies. Our teams collaborate to assist Morgan Stanley clients with investment decisions, using cash and derivative instruments across major asset classes and geographies.
The Quantitative Investment Strategies team in Morgan Stanley Investment Research is a partner to our clients in all aspects related to systematic investment. The key responsibility of the team is to provide best-in-class research on all aspects of quantitative investment strategies including signal generation, portfolio construction and risk management. Research focuses on a broad range of strategies including academically motivated factor strategies as well as state-of-the-art alpha signals. Using advanced econometric and statistical methodologies, the team researches strategies across all asset classes and monitors their performance on an ongoing basis.
• Independent research on quantitative investment strategies across all asset classes with a focus on equities
• Working with clients on bespoke research to address specific questions around systematic investment solutions
• Monitoring and ongoing evaluation of researched quantitative investment strategies
• Write research reports to summarize and market the research efforts of the team
• Interact with clients to discuss group’s research and help with specific investment solutions
• Provide expert knowledge to sales and trading in the space of quantitative investment strategies
• Follow the literature in the space of quantitative investment strategies
Skills required (essential):
• Ph.D. or strong quantitative Master in natural sciences/Economics
• Good overview of equity finance academic literature
• Experience in equity quant research
• Understands common equity factor but has experience beyond
• Strong statistics
• Proven track record in using Matlab, R, Python, C++ or comparable programming language to solve complex problems
• Ideally from a quant hedge fund/asset manager
• Good communicator written/spoken able to produce research publications independently
• Ability to work in a high pressure and collaborative working environment
• Start Up mentality
• Ideally substantial practical experience in equity research
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 24/05/2019
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents*LI-CN1