- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We have had an exciting position arise for an enthusiastic and driven Quantity Surveyor to join our team based in Hamilton. Ideally you will have house building experience and be comfortable undertaking tasks such as procuring sub contract packages, valuing subcontractor works, valuing and agreeing contract variations but will consider the right graduate with some work experience. Working in the new build social housing market, will have the opportunity to work in an experienced team and play your part in the upscale of the business.
You may be an assistant quantity surveyor already working for a House Builder or plying your trade with a Sub-Contractor and looking to take your first step into the Housebuilding sector.
Candidates with a HND/degree or who are still studying will be considered.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Issuing of tender packages
- Sub contractor proposals
- Ongoing cost and contractual management of projects
- Issuing payment certificates
- Sub contractor meetings including pre-start
- Client meetings, inclusive of application and variation meetings
- Monthly cost reporting
- Final accounts and cost negotiations
- An analytical and numerical mind, able to identify and resolve problems.
- Able to prioritise workload,
- Good decision maker and negotiator, even when under pressure
- Good at absorbing information
- Ability to hit deadlines
- Tenacious at achieving desired results.
- HNC/HND level education or equivalent
In return this is a great chance to join a Contractor that are traditional but great to work for. Are they the best payers in the industry? Probably not. However, if you want to work in a good environment on great projects then this is for you.