- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £40,000.00 - £50,000.00 gross per year
We have a Quantity Surveyor position for a small local building company near Maldon who turnover around £4M a year. The business is growing and they are now seeking someone to come in and grow with them.
This is a unique position and may be suited for someone looking to finish the commute in to London, or their degree is coming to an end, or someone who would like to work in a small friendly organisation.
Due to the size of the business the QS will be rolling their sleeves up and helping out across the department, which means the duties will be varied in expectations.The QS will be working on contracts and frameworks up to £2mwithin commercial and residential environments.
Salary up to £50,000, Car and fuel card, Health package
- Experience within Quantity Surveying
- Commercial knowledge within a utilities or construction background
- Knowledge of quantity surveying methods and techniques
- Engineering knowledge of the utility market is preferable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven negotiating skills and interactive style
- Ability to critically analyse and evaluate
- Enthusiastic and positive approach with a high focus on Customer Service.
- Analytical skills, with an eye for detail and aptitude for maths
- Good computer skills including MS suite, and MS Project or Asta would be an advantage
- Degree within a related discipline, ie Quantity Surveying or Construction Management
- Development of the Account Managers through the administration of the business’ performance management framework
- Provide a technical & commercial service from pre-contract to final account
- Maintain appropriate records on the project
- Preparation and submission of valuations and claims
- To assist in the preparation of interim payment applications and final accounts
- Liaising with local highway authorities
- Negotiate rates with external subcontractors and the management and authorisation of Sub-contract orders and payments
- customer service
- ms project