- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Excellent opportunity for an Quantity Surveyor to join a prestigious company.
Our client is looking to employ a QS from a contracting or residential background.
Reporting into the Senior QS you will be joining the project at procurement stages.
Duties will include:
- Preparing trade scope and works
- Preparing selected tender list for approval
- Collation and issue of subcontract tenders
- Prepare subcontractors appointment and proposal documents
- Holding and taking minutes of Subcontract Post-Tender and Pre-Order Meetings.
- Preparing subcontract documentation for signing by both parties in accordance with the Call Off Contract procedure.
- Certifying subcontractor payments
- Assessing variations with subcontractor
- Producing subcontractor instruction/variation reports
- Preparing final account with subcontractors
- Assisting with Surveyors monthly cost reports
- Attending Design Team Meetings as required
- Attending subcontractor progress meetings as required
- Assisting in production of contractual letters to subcontractors when requested
- Assisting Project team with financial implications of site progress decisions
- Scheduling of directly procured materials to assist buying department
- Measurement of elements incorporated into designs to establish value and extent of works
- Assist Commercial department with compliance to business core objectives
Personal skills required:
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- Highly IT literate, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
- microsoft excel
- ms project
About the company
GOVERNIX are a government and public service focused company which offer information for graduates with interest in pursuing a career within this large employment field.
Whatever subject you have studied, we are here to give advice on how to apply your degree to a career in the government and public service sector.
We have a range of information regarding internships and placements, part-time jobs, full-time jobs and graduate jobs, as well as enterprise and student start ups.
GOVERNIX will help you profile for success.