- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £45,000.00 gross per year
My client are world-leaders in their field of scientific instrumentation, due to continued success they are expanding their design team with the addition of a Mechanical Design Engineer at their North Oxfordshire site.
They are searching for a proactive and driven Mechanical Design Engineer with experience of small and medium sized development projects. As the ideal candidate, you'll be part of a team responsible for the development of existing products through introducing product improvements in line with demanding customer expectations. As an experienced mechanical engineer, you'll be comfortable within a small team and have the experience to drive projects forward to completion.
- Produce 3D-CAD models of designs and supporting design documentation.
- Produce component design drawings for manufacture.
- Produce assembly drawings and build documentation/specifications.
- Take ownership over R&D projects
- Manage and implement Engineering Change requests.
- Identify opportunities and implement changes to improve products or reduce costs.
- Actively work alongside senior members of the team; and continually challenge and improve departmental processes.
- Closely work with the Director of Operations to liaise with existing and new suppliers on all aspects of manufacturing, manufacturing improvements and cost reduction.
- Design, install and assist with the maintenance of in-house test equipment.
- Help to identify and resolve product and process related issues with corrective and preventative actions.
- Manage Bills of Materials for new and existing products within the Sage Production system.
- Create and maintain process and operating procedures and work instructions for new and existing products.
- Work with the other members of the Development team on maintaining the Parts database.
- Lead Engineering Change and product engineering meetings and produce timely and accurate information, proposals and recommendations.
- Coach and mentor production technicians on new products and production processes.
- A degree level or equivalent Mechanical or design engineering qualification.
- 3D CAD modelling experience.
- Good practical and mechanical skills, engineering and process knowledge.
- An understanding of Bill of Material and product structure.
- Experience testing and experimenting with prototypes.
- Experience of success in designing products within a high-tech, R&D multi-disciplined environment.
- Good knowledge of GD&T
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
My client are offering up to £45,000 plus a generous benefits package DOE.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales