- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Dataquest (UK) Ltd is a leading IT, Print and Telecoms Solutions company in the heart of the City of London. We’re based at the centre of the business district, and we’re surrounded by bars, restaurants, cafes, pop-ups and there’s even a bit of greenery nearby!
You can find our offices in the middle of multiple transportation hubs, such as Liverpool Street, Old Street and Moorgate stations.
We believe in creating an environment in which our people can thrive; we encourage everyone to maintain a healthy work/life balance, and we strongly believe in investing in our employee’s futures. We look for ambitious, driven and hardworking people to join our team.
Our Receptionist/Trainee HR Assistant ensures a smooth running of our office whilst having a development plan in place to develop and gain experience in HR, its processes and procedures. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Answering incoming calls, directing info emails to the correct department;
- Greeting visitors;
- Diary management for meeting rooms, proactively addressing schedule clashes and suggesting alternatives;
- Provide general administrative support to HR Manager such as maintenance of HR systems, maintaining legal information, communicating changes;
- Assist with Recruitment and Selection process (advertising vacancies, shortlisting candidates, arranging interviews and giving feedback);
- Communicate new starter and leaver information via monthly people updates
- Active involvement in HR Projects;
- Dealing with internal and External Post, arranging couriers as required;
- Taking ownership of the relationships with our facilities/ OM suppliers – continually monitor performance against agreed SLAs/ expected standards, proactively follow up with our account contacts if issues are identified and work to resolve;
- Lead the ‘re-tender’ process – when a contract is due to end research and cost-up alternative providers, review terms and produce a summary for Directors for review;
- Inventory management;
- Health & Safety – support the Service & Operations Director & HR Manager with Health & Safety at Dataquest;
- Lead with Health & Safety testing eg PAT testing, arranging fire drills, emergency lights tests, and arranging annual fire extinguisher service;
- Review and streamline current processes and procedures;
- Running reports for our Customer Care Team;
- Responsible for our annual Environmental Survey, ensuring we retain our gold standard with the support of the HR Manager;
- Support with the creation of presentations reports as required;
- Take ownership of any OM/ facilities problems, recommending suitable solutions;
- Organise office events such as Charity/Healthy living/ fun at work.
This role is for someone who has a keen interest in office management and HR, someone who is positive and cheerful, full of ideas whilst also having polished and professional approach.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Great organisational and administrative skills
- Outstanding customer-service in person and via telephone
- Health and Safety knowledge and understanding would be desirable
- Prioritising and time-management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Previous office management experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £22,000.00 /year
- receptionist/office manager: 1 year (Preferred)