- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ALCONBURY, GB
United States Air Force Nonappropriated Funds Vacancy Announcement
423 Force Support Squadron, RAF Alconbury, United Kingdom
Location: RAF Alconbury (Arts and Crafts)
TITLE: Recreation Specialist
Employment Category: Regular Part Time
EMPLOYMENT BENEFIT INFORMATION
EMPLOYMENT BENEFIT INFORMATION
Regular employees may qualify for the following benefits:
- Life Insurance
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits and Spending
- Annual and Sick Leave
Who May Apply:
Internal and External applicants who meet overseas employment eligibility.
For overseas employment eligibility and other related information please click on the yellow “Notice” button located on the top right of this page. Applicants need to ensure to submit the required documents to substantiate eligibility or preference category. No transportation, travel, PCS or relocation expenses will be paid.
Military Spouse Preference shall be provided in accordance with DoD Instruction 1400.25-V315, Employment of Spouses of Active Duty Military. Military Spouse Preference terminates upon declination a continuing position, for which the spouse has registered or applied for employment, whether or not preference was applied. Please carefully read the information provided on the NAF Jobs website under "Preferences".
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In the absence of the Arts & Crafts Center Director, performs managerial and supervisory duties.
2. Required to assist and supervise other staff members in maintaining all shop equipment and overall shop environment and appearance, conducting light janitorial duties. Provides patrons with assistance in all departments of the shop, operates a cash register, collects money, makes change and issues receipts. At the end of each shift, closes out the cash register, completes required paperwork, and properly secures funds. Reviews and verifies daily cashier reports and consolidates financial figures onto AF Form 1876. Balances cash on hand and makes a single deposit. Reviews and verifies journal tapes to ascertain cashier inconsistencies and improprieties. Maintains security of all merchandise, equipment and funds assigned. Develops a variety of correspondences in response to customer or management concerns. Makes adjustments as needed. Maintains files, publications, and AF Instructions and posts changes as required. Accurately types a variety of formal and informal correspondence and reports. Provides quality customer service, answers telephones, and assists shop users with craft skill development and work procedures as needed.
3. Within the established policy and objectives, assists in educational and recreational needs, to include basic programs, woodworking, fine arts, exhibits, etc.; and, those designed to meet more specific needs, i.e. framing, matting, engraving, etc. Adapts various activities to meet customer needs and limitations of funds, equipment, and staff. Provides oversight on instructional class registration, contracts, and instructor records. Tracks class enrollment data to balance against instructor pay requests and prepares pay documents. Tracks and identifies renewal dates and informs director when contracts are within 60 days of expiration. Makes recommendations to the director on whether it is beneficial to keep the instructor or to conduct the class. Works with the marketing department to properly advertise and promote the Arts & Crafts Center and it's events and programs. Follows all established time lines to ensure proper and appropriate dissemination of information.
4. Complies with instruction manuals and established policies and practices to perform required accounting, purchasing and inventory procedures. Oversees stock at or within prescribed levels and establishes or adjusts stock levels and reorders using prescribed procedures; conducts physical inventories and adjusts and/or maintains inventory, and property account records; initiates, prepares, edits, and processed requisitions to appropriate supply organizations; searches, catalogs, records other data sources to obtain correct stock numbers or to find authorized substitutes for stock items; processes documentation for stock item receipts, maintains such items in a supply room or similar storage area, issues material to work center personnel, keeps local stock records, reorders when stock is low or at a specified reorder point, prepares standard reports such as variance levels between actual and estimated costs, and performs related stock receipt, storage, control and issues functions for expendable and non-expendable items for the organization; identifies requirements and requisitions, issues or distributes office and administrative supplies, forms, publications, or other printed materials. Examines items receives;notes overages, shortages, or any damage incurred in shipping; notifies appropriate vendors immediately.
Must have experience which has provided a general knowledge with the routines and procedures followed in group activities or programs. In addition, experience in a recreation program activity which has involved working in a skills development center setting. Must have demonstrated the ability to perform satisfactorily at the grade level of the position. Must have experience, which provided knowledge of standardized supply regulations, policies, procedures or other instructions relating to the specific functions assigned. Must have a working knowledge of the structure of the local supply organization and the organizations serviced. Experience in administration or clerical work which demonstrates possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities, required to perform the duties of the position successfully. Must have proficient typing skills. Experience must demonstrate the ability to organize effectively
the flow of clerical processes; ability to organize and design a filing system; ability to make arrangements for such things as classes; ability to locate and assemble information for various reports, briefings; and ability to compose nontechnical correspondence. In the absence of the Director, incumbent must be able to supervise staff in a courteous, professional and cooperative manner.
Subject to an irregular tour of duty to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check is required. Must be able to lift 20 pounds and satisfactory complete an employment physical. Position of trust.
What happens to Military Spouse (MSP) and Family Member (FMP) preference?
Military Spouse Preference (MSP), is lost upon acceptance or refusal of a continuing (Regular category) position in the Federal Service (APF/NAF) for which the spouse has registered or applied for employment, whether or not preference was applied, per AFMAN 34-310.
Family Member Preference (FMP) is lost upon acceptance or refusal of a flexible or regular category position in the Federal Service (APF/NAF) for which the family member has registered or applied for employment, whether or not preference was applied, per AFMAN 34-310.
Your application package must include: A NAF electronic application, and/or resume, PCS orders (Active Duty Military and Federal DoD civilians who PCS’d to the UK), Command Sponsor Letter, DD214 and other supporting documents.
How you will be evaluated: The NAF electronic application, resume, and supporting documents will be used to determine your qualification for this position. Your experience and/or education identified must meet the qualification requirements shown in the qualification section of this announcement. Omissions or lack of documentation may affect your consideration for employment.
Background Check: All employment is contingent upon a successful completion of a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) and all other required background checks.
Education and experience may be considered when setting pay.
Internal NAF applicants pay may be set according to applicable pay setting rules.
For current appropriated Fund (APF) employees, portability pay setting rules apply (REF: AFMAN 34-310, NAF Personnel Program Management and Administration Procedures, para 126.96.36.199).
"All Federal NAF Employees are required by PL 104-134 to have salary payments made by electronic funds transfer/direct deposit."
Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who
is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the
requirement terminated or became inapplicable, will not be appointed."