- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ref Data Product Owner Team Lead - 90220412
Posting Range:28 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Product Owner Team Lead
A new opportunity has become available for a Product Owner Team Lead to be based within our Reference Data team who play a key role in the development and maintenance of systems for managing Counterparty, Client, Account & Book Reference Data within Barclays. In this role, you will collaborate closely with and be responsible for delivering effective solutions with other Product Owners and Technical Analysts using agile methodologies, and building a close partnership with multiple Business area, Functions and Technology Teams at senior levels.
What will you be doing?
• You will have oversight and responsibility of representing the Capabilities and Business Outcomes via the Barclays Lean Control Tool
• Build, manage and prioritize feature teams backlogs, and working collaboratively with other feature teams (Feature teams are aligned to specific data domains, Legal Entity, Accounts, SSI’s, Books)
• Translate stakeholder requirements and business strategy into executable plans, and see these through to implementation.
• Partnership with internal and external leads across Architecture, Engineering, Programmes and Stakeholder community
• Driving technical deliverables of the team and ensuring quality of delivery
• Define, lead and present key design requirements or changes to other/central Design Authorities across Barclays
• Chair/Lead key meetings and working groups and new demand assessments for the CABMDM Capability
• Management and resolution of challenges , issues and risks
What we’re looking for:
• Practical experience or high quality in-depth understanding of Reference Data – Legal Entities, Trading Accounts, Standard Settlement Instructions (SSI’s) and/or Book Data
• Demonstrate strong experience in defining and building Business Requirements, user stories, Business Processes, data modeling, flow documentations and other similar project and technical artefacts
• Data integration, Data mastering, Data distribution experience
• Project Management experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Technical skills to analyze and query data and requirements. Experience and knowledge of Microsoft .NET and SQL Server, XML messaging technologies, version control and continuous integration tools
• Delivery of large scale strategic change using Agile methodology
• Practice or in-depth knowledge of Trade lifecycle and Product types
• Practice or in-depth Knowledge of Trade Settlements
• Knowledge of client data and processes such as KYC (know-your-client)
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in our Aurora house Glasgow office; a stones throw away from Glasgow Central Train Station and the heart of Glasgow.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.