- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
About the role
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit aqualifiedRefrigeration Engineer to work as part of ourService Team.At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. Working closely with the Store Leadership Teams, theRefrigeration Engineersdeliver statutory requirements and proactive planned maintenance using the operating model to minimise equipment breakdown and impact on business, in a prompt and cost effective way. Ensuring the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Completing planned preventative maintenance.
- Responding to reactive maintenance.
- Verisae usage and parts replenishment.
- Communicating withthe team and the wider business team.
- Working collaborative with the National Operation Centre.
- Ensuring PDA compliance.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Being acustodian of Health and Safety.
- Supporting change within the business to ensure continuously improved performance.
- Highlighting opportunities to managers to complete tasks in a ‘Better, Simpler or Cheaper’ way.
- Completing tasks and ensure they are ‘right first time.
- Liaisingwith the store technicians and update them on status of maintenance work for my discipline.
- Supporting manager to resolve customer issues.
- Delivering non negotiable standards across stores. You will need
- Full UK driving licence
- City & Guilds 2079 F-Gas or equivalent
- City & Guilds, NVQ Level 2, time served apprenticeship orequivalent in relevant field.
- Strong mechanical and refrigeration knowledge.
- Good communication skills. Desirable
- Experience working in a retail environment.
- Hydrocarbon and CO2 qualified.(Preferable). What’s in it for you
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to…
- A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
- Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and in-house technical specialists.
- 21 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years.