- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Register your interest - Paralegal (0247)
Register Your Interest for future vacancies
We aren't currently recruiting for this role but that will change. If you are interested in joining our team please register your interest. This will allow us to fast-track your application when we start recruiting in the future.
Who We Are
At Which? Group we've been giving independent advice and campaigning to defend consumer rights for more than 50 years. We launched the Which? Legal Servicebecause we wanted to bring our values and experience to help consumers resolvetheir legal problems.
We're wholly owned by the Consumers' Association, a registered charity, with independence and impartiality at the heart of everything we do. All the profits we make from our legal advice business go towards the work that we do campaigning on behalf of all consumers. We believe our unique position and clear values give our customers the fairest way to get the legal advice they need.
About the role
As our Paralegalyou will be the voice of our customers and the key point of contact where customer advice is sought via e mail in addition to supporting our legal team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Dealing with all incoming requests for written legal advice for the lawyer team; monitoring and assigning workloads through the relevant work flows.
- Researching and responding to legal problems referred by email to W?L, including contacting members by telephone to clarify the nature of the queries, and providing telephone legal advice where appropriate.
- Responding to all letters and emails within time and quality monitoring SLAs and to assist on service calls as required
- Monitoring the internal case management system to ensure that members’ requests are dealt with in line with the relevant SLA.
- Ensuring that member feedback is appropriately reported and resolved, including sharing positive feedback with the department as well as escalating complaints to the relevant managers.
- Identifying trends and working with the Management team to identify areas for improvement.
- Actively promoting WL membership and the conversion of support enquiries to membership
- Playing an ambassadorial role in developing a ‘customer experience’ mind set within the business.
- Maintaining case records and update all appropriate company systems About you
Ideally you will be experienced working in a legal environment and have some legal drafting experience/exposure and looking to develop and enhance your skills and legal career. Any knowledge of Consumer Law is a bonus.
You’ll be customer focused and a great communicator who will enjoy serving our members through a variety of media including telephony, e mail and live chat. You’ll thrive working in a busy environment and the variety that this role presents.
You’ll relish the opportunity to develop yourself and we will support you all the way. You’ll learn from our experienced lawyers and team of legal professionals. The department are currently developing paralegals through the CILEx route and fully support team members progressing down this route . With attention to detail in all that you do you’ll have a flexible approach and won’t be afraid to work in an innovative way always putting your customers first. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues and other departments with a flexible approach and willingness to trouble shoot and find better ways of working.
If you are a paralegal looking to further your development and wanting a new challenge we would love to hear from you.
What we’ll give you in return
Let's not be modest, our rewards package is one of the best out there. In addition to a competitive salary we offer a generous 28 days holiday, medical cover,life assurance and a fantastic pension scheme where we contribute 11% after just one year of service.
Our office is in the heart of the city centre and a stone’s throw from Cabot Circus and a short walk from Bristol Temple Meads station.
At Which? we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce helps us to understand and create a positive impact for consumers.