- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £15.40 - £24.64 gross per hour
Would you like to be part of a team where there's a real supportive and inclusive ethos and sense of community? Would you like to work in a location with all the benefits of coast and country living with the convenience of big city life? Would you like your work to be flexible to fit your lifestyle and circumstances?
If you answered 'yes' to the above, we'd love to hear from you!
We have flexible Bank shifts and long-term placement opportunities available for Registered Mental Health Nurses, Band 5 available at Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust, specifically in the following wards and areas:
- Waveny ward, Hellesdon, Norwich
-20 bed acute admission ward offering assessment and treatment.
- Rollesby ward, Hellesdon, Norwich
-10 bed psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU).
- Whitlingham ward, Hellesdon, Norwich
- Aims to support women within a secure setting where people will receive specialist assessment, treatment and intensive rehabilitation in a safe environment.
- Glaven ward, Hellesdon, Norwich
- 22 bed acute admission ward offering assessment and treatment.
- Thurne Ward, Hellesdon, Norwich
-15-bed mixed gender, acute admission and assessment ward.
- Yare ward, Hellesdon, Norwich
-16-bed acute admission ward offering assessment, treatment and rehabilitation.
The work would be on a flexible basis to support the existing staff within a busy mental health, in-patient setting.
Receive enhanced rates during certain periods, build up a holiday allowance and gain valuable experience with the chance to work shifts on a variety of settings around the Trust.
Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust has a rich tradition of developing Nursing and Midwifery practice, and of delivering excellence in patient care.
Whilst proud of their heritage, their focus is the future, and central to this vision is providing evidence and value-based individualised care to the people supported.
Excellent transport links mean their location is commutable from Diss, Felixstowe, Woodbridge, Hadleigh, Needham Market Stowmarket.
To apply for this post, you will:
- Have a minimum of 6 months paid experience as a Registered Mental Health Nurse, working with mental health patients in a hospital or care home environment within the last 2 years
- A valid NMC Pin in mental health Nursing.
- The post holder will undertake the planning and delivery of direct patient care without direct supervision, ensuring continuity of practice.
- As name nurse to ensure accurate mental health clustering is carried out on admission, discharge and at reviews.
- Ensure that nursing practice is person centred and, as far as possible, promoting direct involvement of patients and carers in the development of the plan of care from admission to discharge.
- Ensure that clinical practice is consistent with the Care Programme Approach.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that person nursing practice is informed by relevant local and national developments and is evidence based.
- Under the direction of the Ward Manager/Senior Charge Nurse, participate in clinical audit and clinical governance activities.
- Carrying out risk assessment.
- Act as the named nurse for a group of patients with ultimate responsibility for providing an individualised plan of care for each patient.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to junior staff where appropriate.
- Effective management/coordination of shifts.
- Attending appropriate meetings.
- Report and record incidents, complaints and accidents involving patients, staff or visitors in accordance with Trust, NHS Professionals and Service Standards.
- Ensure compliance with the regulations in respect of the storage and administration of drugs pursuant to the Misuse of Drugs Act 1973.
- Maintain a professional therapeutic relationship/boundary with patients, carers and colleagues.
- Maintain a general knowledge of current ward, service Trust and NHS Professionals arrangements, operational policies, clinical objectives, procedures and overall philosophy and working in accordance with these.
- Be aware of personal limitations and role boundaries.
- Undertake surveys and audits.
- Regularly undertake research and development and clinical trials.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits:
- - Competitive Pay Rates
- work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of shifts at your Trust
- Access to shifts before they are available to agency
- Flexible working to suit your lifestyle
- Take control of when you want to work
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Book and manage your shifts on the go
- Access shifts anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Support when you need it
- 24/7 365 days
- Call us anytime
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don't have to rely on expensive agencies.
Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year.
This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly.
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.