- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
To work as an experienced surgical nurse, on the surgical ward, within a No. 1 private hospital setting.
- Ensure that all nursing procedures are carried out in accordance with Parkside Hospital Policy.
- Set, monitor and maintain agreed standards of nursing care in conjunction with other members of the ward team.
- Take responsibility for the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
- Deliver care in accordance with defined quality standards and in line with recommendations as laid down in the hospital plan.
- Maintain up-to-date nursing records, ensuring that confidentiality is respected.
- Maximise all opportunities to promote health.
- Use reflective practice as a method of ensuring that appropriate effective nursing care is delivered to each patient.
2.1 Management and Leadership
- Support the Sister/Charge Nurse in his/her leadership role.
- Co-ordinate the care for a group of patients.
- Communicate and co-operate with all other wards and departments.
- Provide information of incidents and accidents to staff, patients and visitors via the Datix web based system.
- Arrange in consultation with the bed manager, the admission, transfer or discharge of patients in accordance with the Hospital Discharge Policy.
- Contribute towards ensuring that Care Standards are met within ward area.
- Promote the hospital as a centre of excellence.
- Attend and participate in ward/departmental meetings as required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Up-to-date clinical and professional knowledge and its application in day-to-day practice
- Valid NMC pin with no restrictions
- Surgical nursing experience
- Health & Safety Legislation
- One to one teaching.
- Effective staff supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own work.
- Ability to work in a team.
WHAT IS ON OFFER
- Comprehensive induction
- Support for continuing professional development
- In-house “Investing In You” training programme
- Company funded Practical Health Plan
- Medical cover and free staff health screens
- Pension scheme
- Annual leave entitlement that increase with service
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail, leisure and holiday discounts
- Employee referral scheme
- On-site restaurant
If you are looking for your next role in a rewarding, private hospital setting, apply now for a full job description and to set up an interview.
Click for a full job description