- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Release Manager - 90210104
Posting Range:4 Dec 2018 - Ongoing
Channels Engineering has more than 1000 employees and is responsible for delivering a seamless, end-to-end technology solution to its clients, supporting the vision and strategy for Technology & Operations across Barclays. Our mandate is to drive digital simplification and mass automation for our customers & colleagues, enabled by a relentless commitment to a number of key priorities: simplify our technology estate, optimize the way we work, automate customer and colleague journeys, standardize and automate our controls and drive the digital strategy. This focus is underpinned by two fundamental principles: protect our service; and inspire, empower, develop and reward our people.
· To lead multiple component teams in the delivery of software releases for one or more applications / products across the end-to-end software development lifecycle through the use of internal & 3rd party resources.
· To build and maintain good client relationships, working closely with project managers to ensure effective delivery within the required project timescales and budget.
· To build and maintain good stakeholder relationships in line with stakeholder map.
· Plan, coordinate and supervise all activities related to the design, development, testing and deployment of a quarterly release for an application product (or number of products).
· Coordinate the demands of a number of projects into one delivery plan.
· Responsible for scoping, planning, budgeting and forecasting of a release
· Responsible for managing releases to approved budgets and commitments
· Liaise with project managers to identify and engage the right resources needed to ensure the success of project(s) and /or release(s).
· Knowledge of testing terminologies, processes and tools.
· Exposure on working and guiding in a team environment on testing projects
· Rich technology experience and good exposure to latest advancements in Testing - Capable of technical deep-dives into test scenarios, automation framework, Roll-up the sleeves attitude, bringing innovative solutions to the table
· Experience in working on and managing multiple projects of 10 months duration or more with global teams
· Participate in tasks at org level like training/social activities to promote BTS/Barclays culture
· Must be able to work with minimal or no supervision and have the ability to prioritize workloads quickly and efficiently.
· Must demonstrate effective communication with management, peers, and subordinates, both verbally and in writing.
· Aptitude to learn tools/apps/processes/domains and proficient in test management methodologies and practices
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.