- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Release manager - 90221448
Posting Range:11 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Radbroke Hall (Knutsford)
Our Web Services team has responsibility across the customer and colleague facing web estate for all of our global businesses. The team is rapidly growing and is driving customer experience consistency, standardised frameworks, cost and process efficiencies. We are looking to add a Release Manager to the team
What will you be doing?
• You will be responsible for managing the release activities required to deploy changes into production systems across Barclays non-transactional web estate
• Coordinate and communicate with Test Managers, Dev Managers, IT Ops and third party supplier on a daily basis to ensure successful deployments
• You will provide clear communication and reporting to all stakeholders throughout the release cycle
• Continuously review and improve release processes to contribute towards achieving continuous delivery of production code on a daily basis
• You will maintain and build strong stakeholder relationships in line with stakeholder maps
• Coordinate the demands of a number of projects into one release plan
• Manage all aspects of the end to end release process
• Ensure coordination of all teams required for successful delivery of the release
What we’re looking for:
• Experience of testing workflow and release methodologies
• Experience working to set deadlines
• Excellent organisation skills
• Effective communication with management, peers and subordinates, both verbally and in writing
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in managing releases on web platforms
• Working to the Agile methodology and tools including JIRA, Confluence (or similar)
Where will you be working?
Barclays Radbroke Hall is a strategic IT and Technology centre set in a fantastic countryside location with outstanding facilities to include Starbuck’s, onsite gym and canteen as well as football pitches and tennis courts. The site is relaxed with a dress down code and excellent working culture.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.