- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Release Manager - 90224242
Posting Range:28 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
A new opportunity has become available within Barclays Wealth and Investment Management for a Release Manager. In this role, you will join an Agile team who are driven towards delivering a number of initiatives for the Client Onboarding function across a number of Business Areas. Combined with this, you will also liaise with a number Business and Technology teams within Barclays to implement effective and timely technology solutions.
What will you be doing?
• Design and development of infrastructure solutions across a number of platforms, including, Oracle, Linux Java and Amazon Web Services.
• Use robust deployment procedures with a high degree of DevOps automation.
• Contribute to the long term strategy around Architecture.
• Assisting in the build, maintenance and deployment of non-Prod Boost Applications
• Provide go-live and post implementation technical support.
• Identify/anticipate obstacles and analyse and propose resolutions.
• Understand impact of proposed changes on technology and business processes.
• Adopt and evolve the Agile approach
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in the configuration of Oracle, Linux and Apache
• Experience with Oracle DBMS and SQL.
• Proven experience with data analysis in an enterprise environment.
• A high level of operational understanding of enterprise level systems.
• Configuration Change Management experience
• Competent working across the entire software life cycle process
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Working experience with Autosys Job Scheduler.
• Working knowledge with Java / JBOSS
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in our Aurora house Glasgow office; a stones throw away from Glasgow Central Train Station and the heart of Glasgow.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.