- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £50,000.00 - £60,000.00 gross per year
Title: Reliability Engineering Manager (Food Manufacturing)
Shift Pattern: Days Based Role
Benefits & Bonus: 25% bonus (discretionary and based on individual & financial performance of business) + Pension up to 7% contribution + Private Health for Self (Option for Family Coverage) + 27 days Holiday + Other Flexible Benefits
Our client is a well-known, award winning food manufacturer who dominate the categories it works within.
This envious position is achieved primarily through the exceptional people it hires and the humble, talented and servant-hearted leaders across its functions.
* Responsibility for implementation of RCM, RCA and CBM strategies, plans & activities across assets in area of responsibility.
This will involve working cross-functionally with key stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement activity.
Plans will be developed and managed through to completion ensuring that objectives are outlined and progress is communicated effectively.
All activities will be value-added and focused on supporting the delivery of site targets.
* Responsibility for implementation of the Optimised Maintenance Strategies to drive the lowest cost solutions for the optimised reliability across the full site.
The job holder will optimise maintenance strategies and life cycle costs through effective predictive & preventative techniques and design out philosophies.
Leader ownership for successfully embedding new applications of techniques and materials for roll our site wide.
* Responsibility for implementation of Engineering improvement procedures and standards across assets in area of responsibility.
A key responsibility will be ensuring that the actions of improvement work are delivered effectively and also that the outputs are sustainable through a rigorous review and change control process.
* Responsibility for implementation of the technical skills & people development for optimised asset care (Apprentice, Graduate & Adult) across assets in area of responsibility.
* Liaise and manage OEMs and Contractors as required for optimised asset care across assets in area of responsibility.
There is the potential for several improvement activities to be taking place during the same period.
It will be key that these activities are coordinated effectively with safety and quality in mind.
The role will ensure that any risks to people and product are managed accordingly by referring to site procedures and industry standards.
* Responsibility for implementation of the CMMS (SAP) system improvements by implementing Smart PMs and effective and full data capture across assets in area of responsibility.
The role will work with the customer group to ensure that the content of preventative work is correct and end users are operating to the required standards within the system
- this with reference to the most recent training delivered.
Liaising with the Key User group and Centre of Excellence, opportunities for improvement will be identified and delivered through effective action plans.
The smart PMs link to Job In a Box "JIB" and as such strong partnerships are essential through MRO stores and the Reliability Team.
Key is the drive for optimised craft utilisation through value add activities.
* Responsibility for implementation of effective analysis report across assets in area of responsibility.
Using systems such as the CMMS, MII, OEE toolkit and on-line CBM system, the role will continually look to identify areas for improvement in performance and cost.
Proposals will be submitted based on clearly outlined targets and achievable action plans.
* Minimum of five years operating in a manufacturing environment with experience of driving reliability improvements and asset care optimisation strategy.
The job holder will have experience of working in a fast-moving environment and liaising with various levels across multiple functions.
The job holder will have operated at head of engineering/chief engineer level or equivalent demonstrable potential at operating at this level.
* The job holder will have knowledge of and experience in applying continuous improvement tools such as PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) and problem solving skills including techniques such as Ishikawa & 5W1H
* Ideally Master's degree qualified in Reliability engineering and/or Asset Care competence or appropriate Engineering degree with demonstrable relevant supporting proven experience.
Consideration shall be given to individuals working towards these competencies on a professional development programme.
* Experienced in RCM and FMECA
* Experienced on varied predictability tools and techniques (Vibration analysis, Acoustic analysis, etc)
* Ideally experience of lean principles and applications
* Experience of CMMS.
* Experience of Capital investment programmes to aid driving reliability improvements
* Expertise in financial acumen to support optimised budget development and improvement implementation.
* Experience in leading change management initiatives.
* Self-motivation, with the ability to lead (and work well as part of) a team within a fast-moving environment is essential.
* Must be flexible and able to work effectively in a dynamic team.
* A forward thinker who demonstrates a 'can-do' attitude.
* Good planning and organisational skills.
* Has excellent communication and written skills to ensure quality reporting.
* Strong problem solving skills with the tenacity and resilience to ensure new initiatives are implemented.
* Strong analytical skills, a keen attention to detail and a good understanding of lean manufacturing principles are essential.
* Resilience to ensure problems are followed through to resolution with a thorough close out.
* Must be computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft office application, and specifically excel and PowerPoint.
* An excellent change leader that can achieve improvements through driving initiatives through non direct reports
* Excellent negotiating skills
* High analytical skills to drive Reliability CI agenda
* Excellent budgeting experience to drive lowest cost producer through reliability programme
This role is working at a world-class food manufacturing facility and you will be surrounded by incredibly talented and motivated colleagues.
This is a new position to the existing headcount of the organisation
- lean manufacturing