- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Reputation Risk Governance Analyst - AVP - 90225608
Posting Range:4 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Governance Manager, Reputational Risk, Corporate Relations – AVP (90225608)
The Corporate Relations function is made up of a number of specialist teams within the fields of Corporate Communications, Group Brand, Marketing & Sponsorship, Government Relations & Public Policy, Business Management and Citizenship. Its purpose is to win the hearts and minds of our stakeholders both internally and externally by becoming the most admired brand, epitomising our purpose and values, creating advocacy and inspiring our people.
What will you be doing?
The role holder will be responsible for all aspects of first line of defence Governance, Risk and Control for Reputational Risk.
• Interpreting and implementing new, company-wide policies, standards and processes and driving continuous improvement in adherence and understanding within the newly established Reputation Risk Horizontal.
• Working closely with the Sustainability, Communications, Events and Brand teams amongst others, to develop, implement and embed group wide policies, standards and governance for Reputational Risk.
• Leadership of relevant working groups (including multi-discipline senior stakeholders).
• Accountability for the thorough investigation and resolution of often complex issues utilising appropriate and innovative solutions.
• Overseeing the investigation and remediation of risk issues, dispensations, waivers and breaches, communicating requirements and outcomes with senior stakeholders in the business and across supporting functions and driving appropriate conclusions often within challenging timescales.
• Extraction and interpretation of data, metrics and key indicators for use in Reputation Risk reporting, monitoring and testing.
• Responsible for the coordination, committee effectiveness and outcomes of the Reputation Risk Horizontal Control Forum, including monitoring of Forum actions and completion.
• Oversight and management of the Reputation Risk control environment, business unit maturity interlocks and the ORAC control library.
What we’re looking for:
• Strong understanding of the key aspects of regulation impacting Barclays, for example: GDPR, FATCA, MIFID II.
• Deep skills in control, audit, governance and risk management.
• Deep understanding of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, RCSA, Senior Manager Regime activities, Key Risks in particular Conduct and Reputational Risk.
• Highly numerate and able to review and interpret financial information.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Deep understanding of Barclays, its systems, processes and organisation.
• Extensive experience working in a fast paced highly regulated financial services environment.
• Experience of working in a marketing and communications team.
Where will you be working?
• 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.