- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Salary: £28,000 to £34,000 per year
Additional salary information: Eligible for commission and benefits upon satisfactory completion of probation.
Job type: Permanent
TITLE / MAIN ROLE: Research Associate.
LOCATION: City of London, London
SALARY: £28,000 - £34,000 depending upon experience. Eligible for commission and benefits upon satisfactory completion of probation.
REPORTING TO: Senior Researcher
Specific Research Duties
- Research online sources and industry specific databases to identify and verify factual information in relation to clients and candidates as required by the fee earning staff.
- Provide administrative support to fee earning staff in relation to client and candidate management.
- Research trends and changes in the UK and international legal market to support the fee earning staff.
- Present finding from research in required corporate formats.
- Produce written reports and presentations relating to clients, candidates and market trends as required.
- Obtain market intelligence using a wide range of online search engines and legal information databases or subscription services.
- Obtaining candidate career details and primary responsibility for recording those details accurately and comprehensively on the firm's database and in market maps and other client documentation.
- Identifying (by research) suitable candidates for specific opportunities and generating candidate leads.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Qualifications and previous work experience:
- A degree, preferably LLB degree, minimum 2:1 classification.
- A minimum of 6 months’ prior experience working in the legal recruitment sector.
- Other work experience in the legal sector is also highly advantageous.
Knowledge of the recruitment industry and/or the legal sector:
- Must have robust knowledge of the current UK and international legal market.
- Must be familiar with legal sector league tables and directories such as Chambers and The Legal 500 and with the legal publications such as The Lawyer, Legal Week and Legal Business.
- Must be able to demonstrate good working knowledge of a candidate management or applicant tracking system such as Bullhorn, Adapt or another similar recruitment system.
- Must have prior search experience using a specific legal industry database such as Legal Monitor or Ravello.
IT, Research and Administrative Skills:
- Must be proficient working on all Microsoft Office programmes including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Must be familiar with LinkedIn and other professional networking websites.
- Must have internet search skills and ideally an understanding of BOOLEAN search terms.
- Must be skilled at printing, binding, copying and producing documentation and presentations
- Must show significant individual initiative and a positive work ethic, together with well-developed time management and self-organisation skills.
- Must show a general awareness of the need to treat all candidates, client and colleagues with courtesy and respect.
- Must be well-presented and professional.
- Must be a team player and must demonstrate an understanding that the success of the firm always depends on active cooperation and teamwork among members of staff at all levels.
- Must be able to show good attention to detail and the importance of accuracy in all work output.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 12th MAY 2019.
Job Type: Full-time