- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE have ongoing recruitment for Resident Liaison Offices to be based in Borehamwood. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle or allowance and benefits package.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
The role of the Resident Liaison Officer (RLO) is a vital one. For many residents the RLO is the first person they will meet from ENGIE. Through the RLO words, actions and commitment to giving great service, an impression of the company will be formed in the minds of our customers that will directly reflect on our good name. The RLO also facilitates the smooth running of projects by building and maintaining positive relationships to ensure effective liaison between the residents, sub-contractors, client representatives and the Engie team. To understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ policy/strategy.
- Ensure implementation of all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Develop effective working relationships with client representatives including housing department to reduce duplication and ensure consistency of information and approach keeping tenants fully informed with regard to the programme.
- Assessing where high risk/vulnerable residents are present and ensuring Site Manager (SM) tailors works according to the risk level.
- Visit each resident prior to work commencing to introduce Engie and communicate the scope of works. Give residents contact numbers and a pack detailing the full RLO process
- Establish resident’s individual requirements by carrying out an initial resident profile, documenting any points discussed and tailoring individual communication plans accordingly. Work with site staff to implement effective practices.
- Carry out a property condition survey and appliance survey with photographs with the Resident before works start in the home.
- Create and maintain plot files (both paper and electronic).
- Liaise with site management staff to enable the flow of information between all parties.
- Where appropriate, consult with resident representatives and groups, arranging meetings to communicate the programme, get feedback and discuss any other locally significant issues with Senior Resident Liaison Officer and Community Investment Team.
- Arrange appointment for surveys and works.
- Ensure letters are sent out confirming all survey and work dates.
- Ensure the “Key Safe” procedure is adhered to in line with Company policy.
- To prepare a report where appropriate for the Senior RLO of events occurring affecting Residents. This report to include notes of all visits to Residents, all complaints or problems encountered and how these have been remedied, notes on problem addresses.
- Manage complaints in line with our complaint’s procedure.
- Distribute high quality, easy to understand communication materials as requested
- Participate in Project Management meetings as required.
- Community Initiatives and awareness i.e. Newsletters / safety competitions etc by working alongside Senior RLO and Community Investment Team.
- To provide aftercare packs and instruct on new installations.
- Observe site Health & Safety rules and ensure any risks and near misses are reported immediately to the site manager
- Attend community events alongside fellow Engie employees.
- Arrange satisfaction surveys for all residents, collating responses and work with Senior RLO to use feedback to improve our service.
- Be responsible for your safety and others around you, to include public protection.
- Attend all mandatory courses related to your role.
- Comply with all the roles and responsibilities as set out within the SHEQ management system
- Ensure the Lone Working Procedure is adhered to. (including usage of Skyguard App)
- Any other reasonable management request as agreed with Senior RLO.
RequiredQualifications, Skills or Experience:
Experience (Beneficial but not necessarily required)
- Previous customer service experience
- Basic understanding of construction in social housing
- Report writing
- Previous resident liaison experience within the construction / social housing sector For moreinformation about ENGIE, please visit:
For thisrole, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is nore-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on thegrounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexualorientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIEResourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required.All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIEManagers.
If you area disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, youwill be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
- customer service
- ms project
- site manager