- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £8.50 - £9.75 gross per hour
Support Worker - Days/Nights
Permanent, Full Time
You need to be 21 or over to apply for this post.
Hourly Rate: From £8.50 - 9.75 depending upon experience and qualifications. There are positive progression opportunities within the school and the wider company for those staff who are motivated to take advantage of them.
We are currently recruiting for both Day and Waking Night Support Workers to work with the professional team at our residential School. Recently judged by Ofsted to be an Outstanding provision, we are a special school and care home setting offering 52 week support for these very special young people. Working within the professional team of therapy and education staff, you will be part of making a real difference to these young people, enabling them to achieve their personal best.
You will choose to be either day or night staff.
The Day shifts comprise 7 days in every 14, with every other long weekend off, working 12hr shifts over 5 days one week M, T, F, S & S and then W and T on the second week, from 8am - 8pm.
Night team staff work 4 days on and 4 days off, starting at 7:45 p.m. and finishing at 8:15 a.m. You will get 6 weeks paid annual leave. Overtime is available.
- Helping children communicate their needs to staff and others
- Supporting children to access the curriculum
- Helping pupils to access the wider community on day trips
- Personal care support where required
- Making learning fun and enjoyable
- Evening trips and support
By carrying out these responsibilities well, you will be helping to provide the best possible quality of care for those who live at our school. You will also be helping to create a pleasant working environment for other people who work here.
- You will be a strong team player
- Confident, motivated and well organised
- Patience and commitment are essential
- Above all you'll be someone with a genuine desire to help others.
- 6 weeks holiday
- Rewards scheme
- Monthly Attendance award
- Monthly Good practice Award
- Full training provided and support to achieve nationally recognised Level 3 Health and Social Care qualification
- Continual professional development
- Wellbeing Manager for staff and students
- Lunch provided
- Uniform Provided
To apply or find out more please click "apply now" we will be in touch within 1 week
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.