- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
My client has an exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and motivated Residential Care Worker who is flexible and has a desire to make a difference to help and support young people.
You will work in a residential home with young adults aged 16+ with learning disabilities to provide advice, assistance and support.
My client is looking for strong minded, passionate and confident person.
Care Worker Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying individual support needs of each young person and liaising with external agencies and or other professionals to meet these needs
- Supporting, keeping young adults safe, monitoring the safety and security of the house and give guidance to young adults whenever it is needed
- Supporting young adults by helping them to be able to carry out their daily household tasks, food shopping, developing their budgeting skills, meal preparation, using public transport networks, keeping and attending appointments, interpersonal, social and communication skills, finding suitable education and training
- Encouraging Positive Behaviour through positive behaviour management
- Ensuring they lead a fulfilling life through engaging in leisure activities of their choice with support from staff as necessary
- Carrying out periodical reviews and or Key work meetings to assess and monitor their progress
- Advising young adults on welfare benefits matters
Care Worker Requirements:
- Residential care experience
- At least 1 years' experience of working with individuals with learning disabilities
- Experience managing challenging behaviors and physical intervention
- Driving license desirable
- Level 3 in Health and Social Care desirable
- The ability to work shifts
Shift hours for day staff:
- 0 (21:45 if on the handover)
- 1 (21:45 if on the handover)
Closing date: Friday 22nd November 2019
Contact: Amandeep at Job Paths 4 U
Job Paths 4 U is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.
- safety and security