- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Resilience Partner - 90226479
Posting Range:3 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Resilience Partner (VP)
Reporting to the Business Unit Resilience Head, responsibilities include supporting Business Unit Resilience across a portfolio of business areas within Barclays International, working within the business to deliver an acceptable Risk position and assisting the BU to ensure compliance against the Barclays Group Resilience Policy.
Working with the Business Unit Resilience Head to develop, maintain and improve a business aligned, efficient and effective, Resilience Programme. To provide strategic advice to Senior Stakeholders; supporting and guiding the business area to construct and maintain well controlled, resilient processes.
What will you be doing?
• Support implementation of global standard processes across Barclays International.
• Develop a subject matter expertise in local resilience regulatory requirements.
• Ensure the requirements are fully met and open audit issues are closely followed until closure.
• Act as a key point of contact for resilience related matters for the business area supported.
• Support and deliver against the business units Resilience strategy, providing ongoing support of established governance to maintain the Resilience (including recovery) capabilities.
• Ensure the business adopts the Group’s approach towards the management of Resilience and operate in such a way that ensures services to all stakeholders, clients and customers are not materially impacted during adverse events.
• Ensure resilience is appropriately owned within the business and embedded as part of business planning, management and development.
• Provide strategic direction and resilience guidance to all key stakeholders
• Support business areas in identifying and documenting Front-to-Back processes (F2BPs) and help define the overall requirements that support the F2BP.
• Engage with SME’s to assess any Supplier, Technology or Premises Resilience requirements.
What we’re looking for:
o Experience in business resilience and continuity, theoretical and practical, with a strong understanding of these disciplines within the financial services industry.
o Is adept at root cause analysis and acts to treat the underlying problem strategically whilst implementing short term tactical solutions.
o Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities including presentation and influencing, with the ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organisation.
o Analysis, creativity and innovation – able to conceive original and practical solutions to complex and business critical problems.
Skills that will help you in the role:
o Experience of working in a relationship management, advisory or consultancy role.
o Understanding of threats, risks, impacts and associated mitigations as they relate to business resilience within a major banking organisation.
o Strong and proven record of operating with / advising colleagues in a large multinational financial organisation.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.