- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED KINGDOM - UK
Add to Saved Jobs
Restricted Commodities Coordinator
Job Type Warehousing, Package Handling & Distribution
Career Level Professionals
Reports to Chris James
We have an exciting opportunity as a Restricted Commodities Coordinator, this tremendous opportunity gives the successful individual a great chance to enhance their career and personal development as you will be a subject matter expert in Restricted Commodities, liaising with sales, commercial functions and operations.
This role is field based covering the South Region, the ideal candidate will need to be flexible and will be expected to travel to all sites within the South Region (BRS, EXT, LGW, LTN, MSE, NPR, OXF, RED, SOU and SWN) as well as customer premises.
What will you be doing?
Customer Operations is the primary point of contact between the sales and commercial functions in DHL (GBS, Corporate and Key
Accounts and Marketing) and Operations. The group provides the operational expertise to support business acquisition at the appropriate margin, leads the operational implementation of specific customer solutions or programmes and tracks performance for defined customers and initiates follow-up actions where performance is below expectations.
The Restricted Commodities Coordinator is there to ensure all aspects of the Dangerous Goods Regulations are adhered to and
implement regulatory changes were required.
The Restricted Commodities Coordinator is required to ensure the DHL Express business is compliant with all applicable regulations related to the transportation of Dangerous Goods and to provide ongoing technical support through a structured process. The post holder will make the necessary decisions surrounding customer approval, network compliance, service
Working closely with EU COG, Commercial, Field Operations, Linehaul/ Distribution, Customer Services and the Regional and
Global RCG teams to support solutions through ongoing product development and ensure that there is full compliance with the appropriate regulations; failure to do this could result in unlimited fines, prosecution and revoked operating licenses.
Specific Role Challenges (key focus areas/challenges expected for post holder)
· Driving regulatory compliance within UK operations
· Effective assessment of potential customers to ensure approvals only granted when appropriate
· Improving regulatory knowledge within area of responsibility, for Operations, Commercial, Customer Services through effective communication, coaching, presentations and work-groups.
· Internal audit of UK Facilities to ensure compliance with Global SOP and applicable regulations.
· Ensure that DG process issues are explored, addressed and corrective process solutions are implemented i.e Special Handling
· Manage, control and analyse all customer audits for approval using AAS
· Assist in the tender / RFQ process, ensuring that potential customers fully understand network capabilities
· Provide technical support for use of web based DG tools
· Implementation efficiency as measured by days taken per solution
· Responsible for making decisions surrounding customer profile, account approval and customer adherence.
· Provide proactive technical support and information on service capabilities through Customer visits.
· Undertake customer audits in line with Global SOP.
· Co-ordinate all Restricted Commodities Incidents involving DHL shipments and identify corrective actions to ensure future compliance.
· Facilitate DHL’s working relationship with government bodies such as CAA, DFT, HSE
· Ensure that agreed supplier service levels are maintained
· Handle day to day customer inquiries
· Provide detailed Monthly analysis to identify any ongoing trends.
· Provide technical support to the business.
· Responsible for making decision surrounding the suspension of customer dg material, SVC processing, disposal and SVC
· Complete audits in the field to ensure ongoing compliance with Global SOP and applicable transport regulations.
· Provide consultation and recommendation with regards to training or process gaps
· Produce procedural updates in accordance with regulation changes and Quality standards.
· Work with RCOG & RRCG to develop solution designs, other future DG capabilities and facilitate any
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.