- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
AutoReq ID 144500BR Job Title Restructuring Manager, Special Situations Group Country United Kingdom Location London Function Deal Advisory Service Line Restructuring Service Line Information In Restructuring our clients and wider stakeholders vary considerably and include corporates (from mid-market to blue-chip), lawyers, hedge funds, lenders, PE houses, and public sector organisations.
Our service offerings develop in line with market demands and include advice on:
- Insolvency - both execution and advisory
- Exit planning and implementation
- Cash management - both crisis and strategic
- Lender advisory
- Corporate financial restructuring
- Operational restructuring, including turnaround, planning and implementation
- Impaired loan advisory services
- Chief restructuring officers
- Insurance solutions - insolvency services aimed exclusively at insurance companies.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Job Description Opening Date: 10th May 2019
Closing Date: 6th June 2019
Salary: Competitive + negotiable bonus + benefits
KPMG’s Special Situations Group delivers a broad spectrum of restructuring work including lender and company side advisory through a period of distress and/or restructuring, as well as implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations).
Key Role & Responsibilities
- Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types.
- Using Alteryx / Qliksense to drive analysis of key processes of organisations with a financial impact
- Further refine this analysis, working alongside client teams to generate hypotheses for improvements to these processes, which will release cash or improve profit
- Assist clients with the implementation of business improvement ideas, using experience relevant to turnaround, transformation and liquidity
- Planning and running workshops and interviews to generate liquidity or profit improvement ideas
- Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders on engagements (including divisional and functional management at corporates, lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders/investors).
- Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices.
- Managing sector specific research alongside client work when possible, in order to form views of market trends and assist in generating / identify sales opportunities (sectors as specified)
- Supporting preparation of pitch packs with senior team members and co-ordinating cross firm input
- On certain relevant assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff.
- Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders.
- Potential involvement in new product development or business development activities.
- Coaching and developing junior team members
- The role will involve working across a number of product types highlighted above and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
The Skills, Qualifications and Experience required for the job
- Experienced in dealing with distressed businesses from SME to listed corporates.
- Significant restructuring experience including turnaround advisory, conducting independent business reviews, modelling short term cash flow forecasts and capital structures for financial restructuring scenarios, reviewing cash flow forecasting processes, exit planning and implementation, and insolvency administrations.
- Sector experience in Health, Retail and TMT
- Ability to work in Excel, Alteryx and Qlik
- Knowledge and experience of the full working capital cycle within multiple industries (focusing on the sectors specified)
- Experience of a turnaround approach and of having worked with Turnaround Directors
- Strong stakeholder management experience including reporting to senior management and Boards, and liaising with banks and lawyers.
- Experienced in a Big 4 environment, with experience in a cross border and international projects across UK, Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent).
- Strong analysis (including financial modelling and scenario analysis) and report writing skills.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- An existing professional network of client relationships across corporates, lenders, private equity and/or other stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience in managing client work, with a focus based on stakeholder advisory, turnaround, transformation or IBR assignments.
- Demonstrable experience in managing projects and/or own work streams, with the ability to oversee work of junior team members and build report with key client stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
- Ability to work innovatively and ‘self-start’ as well as delegate to teams of colleagues.
- Desire to build wide advisory skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
- Creative with a willingness to try new and different approaches – our clients often have multiple issues which may not be what we are initially expecting.
- Willingness to undertake travel to other UK, European or international based locations depending on client demand.
- A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work.
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
Applying with a Disability As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy