- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Retail Marketing Manager
Alan Symonds, is a long established importer and distributor to UK retail soft furnishings market.
A small and dedicated team deliver inspirational products throughout the UK and overseas to online and offline retail.
We are a friendly family business located in Peterborough.
Quick overview of the role
A key position within Alan Symonds, this role is vital in helping to deliver the retail marketing strategy for the company, a long-standing provider of curtains, voiles and kitchen textiles to retailers in the UK market. Working across various marcomms disciplines, this role concentrates on the delivery of cross-channel retail marketing plans to achieve challenging commercial targets.
This is a full time permanent role, based in our Peterborough HQ. However can be flexible for the right candidate.
£25000 a year. Plus bonus scheme.
What are your key responsibilities?
You will be directly responsible for the delivery of a retail marketing plan that supports our retail customers in selling Alan Symonds's complete product range. A key part of the role is to actively and regularly communicate with our customer base, analysing their sales data and local market intel in order to create customer insight and intelligence. You will then share this information with our customers via a web portal in order to help them merchandise and promote our ranges more effectively. In addition, you will develop relevant and engaging content themes and customer messages for Alan Symonds and its various products and then plan, create, brief, and launch marketing activities across all channels to target various customer segments.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Customer Insight Reporting
* To acquire relevant, timely 'raw sales' data from clients and internal departments at Alan Symonds on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
* To draw insight from company-specific, sector-specific, and generic industry data, in order to better understand user trends and behaviour
* Using this information, to provide customer insight reports to all clients in an easy-to-digest digital format on a regular basis
* Working closely with the Managing Director and Proper Marketing, to ensure that all existing customer segments are understood and have strategies in place for relevant retail marketing campaigns. These must have specific performance targets and objectives tailored to meet or exceed the business and commercial expectations of that target segment
* To develop a strong understanding of our products, brands, competition and industry, and then use this to inform all marketing activities
* To deliver engaging, innovative and commercially focused retail marketing plans that enhance and support relationships with our retail partners
* To support the above with relevant and targeted digital marketing activity including email marketing, online content, PPC and SEO
* To create in-store POS and promotional items that support our retail partners in joint campaigns - including digital platforms (as required)
* To create and deliver in-store printed brochures, liaising with graphic designers and print agencies (as required)
* To provide exceptional copywriting across all channels - digital and offline
KPIs and Analysis
* To measure the effectiveness of these campaigns across all customer segments and retail partners vs. the agreed commercial and marketing targets
* To achieve increases across these campaigns vs. the agreed KPIs
Technical and Content
* To ensure your knowledge of the retail industry and changes within retailer marketing is kept up-to-date and relevant by researching/reading blogs and news sources
* To initiate and carry out objective testing of tools, resources, and techniques
* Where relevant, to ensure traffic is driven to relevant digital assets and then 'converts' by leveraging landing pages, social media promotions, search engine optimization, paid advertisements and more.
Ideal experience needed…
Here's what we'd like you to have:
And we'd also like it if you have:
* proven ability to interpret large amounts of information, news, data, and research quickly - and distil the most important/relevant information into easy-to-read reports
* 5 years' experience in a retail marketing role with experience in delivering across multiple marketing channels
* high numeracy and literacy
* experience of devising and implementing retail marketing plans to support business objectives
* personal experience of achieving better-than-expected results across several campaigns
* experience of devising and implementing effective retailer partner programmes
* experience of managing various agencies simultaneously
* passion and excellence in creating written content
* strong time management and planning skills, with a high degree of proactivity and organisation
* ability to devise and implement an effective competitor monitoring programme
* blogging experience
* ability to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
* enjoyment in working with technical products
* an understanding of how Google and other search engines rank pages; basic understanding of Google Analytics
* an understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
How to apply.
Please apply in writing to:
Or by email to:
Please include your CV and any covering letter and information that will lead us to the right person.
Please include the place you found us