- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk , Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the role
We are looking for a Retail Planning Lead to join the Retail Planning and Operations team. You will have two main areas of accountability, to support the creation and ongoing delivery of the long-term Retail Operating Plan and to drive near-term Planning capability enhancements, ensuring we are continuously evolving towards the end state vision for planning capability in Retail.
The Planning Lead will work as part of a squad of embedded and non-embedded resource, with the role benefiting from wide exposure to stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external, therefore strong personal skills and a strategic mindset are as important as technical ability and planning knowledge.
- Support the capturing of Retail Group Leadership Team long-term priorities.
- Lead the sizing and scaling of these priorities with other members of the Planning Team to help shape prioritisation and plan outcome formation.
- Help shape outcome hypotheses with the Planning Manager and Leadership Team owners, and with Insight Team support, lead the creation of Business, Market and Customer Intelligence.
- Shape the outcome delivery roadmap, including (where required) any ongoing meeting cadence and leadership engagement.
- Create the roadmap for all Retail and wider business capability enhancements, ensuring benefits are built into the Retail Operating Plan, and that all plan dependant capability enhancements are part of the capex sign off process.
- Ensure that outcomes are handed over to the relevant delivery owners, to ensure plan benefits are realised.
- Maintain close ties to the Corporate Strategy Team to ensure plan alignment to group strategy
Short Term Planning Capability Enhancements
- Support the Planning Manager in identifying capability priorities and solutions that can be deployed in the short-term that will bring teams further along the journey towards the end state vision for planning capability.
- Work with Retail Subject Matter Experts and developers to lead the development and delivery of these initiatives, challenging the as is processes.
- Continuously engage with stakeholders on previously developed solutions to capture capability gaps and drive adoption within teams.
- Lead the delivery roadmap for capability drops, ensuring all users are adequately informed, producing any training material and ensure robust ongoing support is planned post deployment.
- Lead the Assortment Strategy process by governing both the accuracy of team data and plan submissions, in line with agreed timeframes, enabling plan consolidation and reporting.
- Work with our existing external software partners to tailor training support models to our business calendar and requirements. Lead the prioritisation of capability gaps and influence the product roadmap for future developments.
- Keep up to date with technology advancements and planning software providers products to ensure we maximise the value of ongoing relationships and that any short-term ability to further develop our planning capabilities are explored.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
- Experience working as a Buyer, Merchandiser or in a Category Management role
- Strategic thinker
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident working with and influencing senior leadership team
- Creative, passionate and innovative – Challenges the status quo and forward thinking
- A curiosity that drives capability developments that are right for the business, team and customer
- Ability to work under pressure and with competing priorities and deadlines
- Awareness and interest in macro, consumer and retail industry trends
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status