- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- You'll support the Lab Product Owner (PO) to understand business problems, critically evaluating business ideas from a customer and a commercial point of view.
- You'd be using your BA and process design skills to identify business needs, analyse and shape requirements and support the testing and implementation of agreed solutions.
- You'd then support the PO to ensure Labs and Teams make the right choices to ensure investment in the right solution focusing on the value to both customer and business.
- You'll build up subject matter knowledge (business and domain) and then learn to understand and influence the Lab strategy as well as the business objectives aligned to it.
- And you'll drive the development and maintenance of the business architecture artefacts document changes to the operating model/customer journeys/colleague processes.
We'd love to see a number of the below aspects in your background:
- You'll hopefully have a solid understanding of business analysis and architecture methodologies and techniques.
- You'll ideally know how to develop, define & document 'As Is' & 'To Be' process models, ideally with data definitions.
- You should have had exposure to a range of different disciplines such as Operating Model, Process Design, Architecture and Technology, ideally able to validate designs and solutions.
- Any exposure to systems thinking, business architecture and agile change delivery used to influence and drive consistent ways of working would be high on our desirable list.
- Similarly an understanding of banking operating model and process frameworks with techniques to analyse and improve them (e.g. Lean, six sigma etc.) would be useful.
- Familiarity with behaviour and test driven development along with producing supporting Acceptance Criteria would also be very advantageous.
So what do we want to see in your style?
Firstly you're big on collaborating, quick to establish and build communities of meaningful relationships with a key players in the Lab and wider.
These relationships you naturally nurture to ensure your diverse group of internal customers are comfortable their needs are being represented.
You'll also have a gift for clear communication to deliver consistent messages across your area of influence - negotiating effectively to ensure collective agreement.
And you'll need to be an effective decision-maker - using your analytical thinking and problem solving abilities to arrive at customer-centric decisions.
What we'll give you in return
We'll help you get up to speed quickly within a supportive environment.
And we'll provide you with challenges that make a difference to real lives, along with the opportunity to work alongside committed people caring about innovating for our customers.
That's why our Returners Programme backs up our dedication to providing genuine equal opportunity and we'd also happily talk about working patterns outside the standard 9-5.
We'll also give you a fixed term contract with a regular salary and access to wider benefits.
So if you're ready to dust off those hard-won BA skills then apply today and see where the programme will take you...we'd love to hear from you.