- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Want to know more?
You'd become part of a skilled Design Team drawn from the Design Crafts below that enable our Transformation teams to deliver beautiful, engaging and thoughtful journeys for customers:
- Design Research & Ethnography
- Service Design
- Systems Thinking
- Interaction Design (UX/UI)
- Visual Design
- Conversation Design (Editorial, Content Strategy, Copy)
- Design Prototyping & Creative Technology
With a Design Lead managing you and the sponsorship of a Design Director you'll become a member of a collaborative group of varying skills and experience levels with considerable empowerment to make design great.
We'd focus you on supporting one of the 4 Transformation areas where you'll enjoy a huge variety of work centred on the employee or customer journeys that we're transforming. You'd contribute to your team's efforts to ensure the designs for all customer journeys and connections are human centred and Design Visions realised.
So what about you?
- You'll possess a background in one or more of the HCD crafts listed above - whether a deep specialist in one aspect of HCD or equally someone who previously enjoyed a broader, more generalist skill-set across a few areas.
- You'll need a passion for bringing real human needs into our decision-making processes and possess a desire to use design to uncover and solve real problems.
- With your craft specialism you'll have a keen sense of integrity and the confidence to be adaptable in your approach especially when collaborating
- You'll love communicating your craft to others - fostering their skills and understanding while building and nurturing relationships that make a real difference.
- Ideally we'd also see experience of working within multi-disciplinary design teams as well as using your design skills in collaboration with colleagues in both technology and business areas.
Together we'll make it possible...
What we'd give you in return
You'd join a wider community of Human Centred Designers - a diverse, collaborative, motivated group of people who care deeply about the craft of Design.
Enjoying regular weekly connections and Quarterly Design Review gatherings with TED-style talks, events, training, networking and fun you'll be integral member of our HCD family.
You'll also get the opportunity to join a Guild for your particular Design Craft where mentoring and skills development are encouraged.
We're a passionate, supportive team at the forefront of a transformation effort for one of the largest services in the UK.
That's why our Returners Programme backs up our commitment to providing genuine equal opportunity.
We'll also give you a fixed term contract with a regular salary and access to wider benefits.
So don't let this chance to re-engage with Design pass you by... we might just be what you're looking for..