- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit.
As a member of the Finance team, you will have a direct impact on the organization through the management and execution of various financial processes and provide hands-on support on our daily activities.
You will be an energetic and self-motivated professional, happy to have a hands-on role and you will get involved in a wide range of processes, in order to understand and implement improvements and standardization.
K ey Responsibilities:
- Verify accuracy of revenue start and end dates of sales orders as they are uploaded to the accounting system (Netsuite) from the sales system (SalesForce)
- Understand contracts/POs, revenue recognition and set up of revenue recognition schedules in Netsuite.
- Query discrepancies with sales/sales operations team and push for swift resolutions.
- Approve sales orders daily in Netsuite to enable billings team to bill and revenue recognition to take place.
- Review projects in Financial Force and ensure details match what we have in Netsuite.
- Monitor work orders in sales system & various reports to determine when recognition on various revenue items can commence.
- Perform standalone selling price and residual method calculations on bundled service deals in accordance with ASC606.
- Request missing SSP/RMC prices throughout the month from US revenue team as Sales Orders are reviewed.
- Review Reopen Notifications to establish whether they influence revenue already posted and recalculate if necessary.
- Monitor MST enrolments and process revenue commitments re MST each week after revising the MST enrolment report from the US.
- Post revenue recognition journals at the end of each month (or beginning of next depending on reporting deadlines) after all revenue commitments have been posted.
- Approve invoices generated by billing team.
- Recognise hardware cost of sales and maintain inventory reconciliations.
- Calculate and post journals re Allowances for Doubtful Accounts, bad debts write offs, prepaid cost of sales, IFRS9 adjustments, referral fees, Trustkeeper portal revenue.
- Calculate and post deferred/unbilled revenue reclasses and amendments.
- Create revenue waterfall reports in GBP/ZAR & USD for submission to FP&A team in Chicago
- Update monthly Waterfalls (revenue schedule reports) to ensure they tie in with the GL.
- Maintain accrued & deferred files, calculate and post accrued/deferred split – monthly
- Review Order Change Requests, collecting necessary info before sending to manager for final approval
- Assist with audit sample collection during annual audits.
- Ad hoc accounting related duties as required
- Good numeracy & intermediate/advanced MS Excel skills (Lookups, pivot tables etc.)
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills – will be required to liaise with sales staff, sales operations and finance staff in locations around the world on a daily basis.
- Ability to understand monthly process and prioritise workload to meet the deadlines.
- Investigative skills – to get to the source of issues through communication and come up with the correct solution to suit all parties involved, thus maintaining good client relations.
- Ability to work within a team to meet deadlines but must be able to manage own workload with minimal supervision.
- Some previous experience with/understanding of revenue recognition in accordance with ASC606 is beneficial.
- Netsuite experience is a big advantage.
- Previous experience working with multiple currencies.
- Experience working in an IT environment is desirable although not specifically required.
Programs currently used by Trustwave:
- Microsoft Outlook
- SalesForce (sales)
- Netsuite (accounting)
- Financial Force (project management)
- Coupa (billable & non-billable expenses
- Dayforce (timesheets)
- Blackline (balance sheets reconciliations)
- MS Office (Word, Excel)
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.